• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Recently traded for a CZ 452 Varmint in .22 Long Rifle. I am friends with the previous owner, who bought it new and put less than fifty rounds through it. Sweet rifle.
    I mounted a 4-16x44 AO scope and laser bore sighted it. Took it out a couple of times, in the cold weather, to get it on paper. Just shooting some various, inexpensive, brands of .22 ammo on hand. Able to hit my 4" diameter plate 5/5 times at 100 yards with everything I fed it.
    Shot it today with Winchester 333 box ammo (.36 grain HP) I was at 100 yards, resting across the top of a rabbit hutch. :):
    I shot one one round onto the target and then shot the next four rounds at the first one. All five went into a group that measured 1.460"
    Can't wait to get some premium ammo to run through it. Who else owns one?

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I've had one for a few years now. I've probably put 3X more rounds through it than my other .22's combined since then. It'll easily hold your 4" plate @100. With decent (not high dollar match ammo) subsonics, I've hit a 4" plate 4/5 times at 200. It's just a solid, accurate rifle. Mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Wolf Match Target is nice and can be found for less than $60 per brick.

ETA: This is what mine does with Wolf MT at 50 yds. Haven't had the chance to stretch it out farther yet.

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    jrh84,
    What type of scope are you using?
    I mounted one with a mil dot reticle. I am using a two mil hold over at 100 yards with the Winchester 36 grain ammo.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    jrh84,
    What type of scope are you using?
    I mounted one with a mil dot reticle. I am using a two mil hold over at 100 yards with the Winchester 36 grain ammo.

I've got a Vortex Crossfire II, 4-12×40AO. BDC reticle, not for the BDC, but for the thinner crosshair vs. the plex reticle.

It's the perfect scope for this rifle and what I do with it. I shoot out to 200 quite a bit with it....28 MOA up from a 50 yard zero with subsonics. It tracks accurately, and more importantly, the tracking is repeatable. I've gone back and forth between 50 and 200 yards, and it's right back to my 50 yard zero. Not close, not after a few shots to settle the internal adjustments....first shot, spot on.

I can't recommend it enough, especially for a quality bolt action .22 like the 452 varmint.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    I'm a huge 452 fan. I have about 5 or 6 various variants. The Varmint is my favorite. I put mine in a Boyd's Tacticool stock, had the barrel threaded and a custom bolt knob installed. It's one of my favorite .22lr's.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I've got the 453 Varmint, same as the 452 but has the single set trigger. Has proved to be very accurate. Used many times to chase empty 45 ACP brass around the 50 yd berm @ Eagle Creek. Previously had a 4.5-14 Burris but now fitted with a Nikon 3-9 BDC since I moved the Burris to my .223 Rem 700. Performed well at the 22 bench rest shoot last fall using Aguila Rifle Match and Eley Target ammo on a windy day.
    Love those CZs.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Had some decent weather this afternoon, so I decided to try some different ammo in the little CZ. I had a box each of Federal HV Match, Aguila Rifle Match and Aguila .22 Target.
    Also shot some more of the Winchester 333 box and some Remington Thunderbolts because I had them.
    Off the bench at 100 yards, I got the following 5 shot groups.
    Federal .701", .776", .845"
    Aguila Match .601", .839", .947"
    Aguila Target .527", .572", .671"
    Remington 1.346"
    Winchester (10 shots) 1.580"

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a few CZ rifles in various forms. I've tried a number of different brands of 22 ammunition trying to see what worked best in them. I've found for my shooting that Federal Automatch does quite well in my 452s as well as my S&W 41s. I also use a lot of CCI SV and occasionally the Blazer bulk stuff. I do have several types of Match ammo on hand but for general range shooting the CCI and Federal do just fine for me. As a side note I went to the gun show yesterday to poke around and didn't see one CZ rifle! I wish you guys would stop letting the secret out!! :dunno:

DieselGizmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Richmond
    While the only CZ rifle I currently have is my dearly enjoyed 452 Ultra Lux (a Varmint model is actually next on my list) I can say it really likes Geco a lot. I ran their Semi-auto variety yesterday and was nailing half inch groups at 50 yards. The cheapest stuff in my pile and it shoots lights-out as if I were feeding it Eley. Very happy pup was I. I'm also having nice fun with Aguila SE SV but it's not as grin-inducing as the cheapy Geco. The only issue I have with it is they are a bit copious in the lube department. Oily stuff for certain. Oh and they don't have that wonderful Eley primer aroma. I want a car air freshener in Eley Prime flavor. You listening, Little Trees people?

DG

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wonder if you have my old 452 Varmint. I sold it to a guy on here. It was a very nice gun. I just didn't use it.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Took the CZ out this evening. Cooled down a bit and the humidity dropped some. Very calm evening, with no breeze.
    I was shooting some Aquila 40 grain Super Extra ammo.
    Ran four magazines through at 100 yards and then moved back to 200.
    Shooting prone, off the bipod. Last group was five rounds into a 1.680" group, from 200 yards.

Top Bottom