Cz 452 - need a scope (any opinions are welcome)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I cheaped out and went with the $100 Simmons on my CZ452FS. Cheap, but effective and at least 1000 rounds downrange. Squirrels beware! This may be my favorite rifle ever.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why? An extra $30 would have got you a Vortex Crossfire.

I cheaped out and went with the $100 Simmons on my CZ452FS. Cheap, but effective and at least 1000 rounds downrange. Squirrels beware! This may be my favorite rifle ever.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I also bought a 452 from whittakers last year and was told they had 500 specially made for them to sell. Glad I got one as it is the most accurate 22 out of the box I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. I am, unfortunately, still prolonging the purchase of a good scope. I've done a lot of research and have narrowed mine down to either a Vortex crossfire II 2-7x32 or a Leupold Vx-1 2-7x33. Either one is going to be a good choice I hope!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I also bought a 452 from whittakers last year and was told they had 500 specially made for them to sell. Glad I got one as it is the most accurate 22 out of the box I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. I am, unfortunately, still prolonging the purchase of a good scope. I've done a lot of research and have narrowed mine down to either a Vortex crossfire II 2-7x32 or a Leupold Vx-1 2-7x33. Either one is going to be a good choice I hope!

I have the latter scope you mentioned, the rimfire version.
    Yes, a very nice rig.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I have the latter scope you mentioned, the rimfire version.
    Yes, a very nice rig.

That's what I was going for. I've never personally owned a Leupold but I know it's a very nice piece of glass. Unless I catch them on sale or some type of rebate, I just can't justify spending $100 more.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Why? An extra $30 would have got you a Vortex Crossfire.

Finding a set of 11mm rings isn't exactly easy, and I've owned Simmons scopes for years with zero complaints.
    Finding both, at the same time and in the same place for $100 all told and boresighted, too good to pass up. And to be honest, with no offense intended, I've not truly been won over by Vortex.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    A lot of the time you can get 3/8" tip off rings to fit on 11mm CZs. Leupolds do, some Buris Zee Rings do (sometimes the lock bar snaps though), Warne 7.3/22 rings work great as well.

A lot of the cheap aluminum (generic) rings like Traditions/Simmons/Tasco work as well but IMO better rings should be used on a such a nice looking action.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Finding a set of 11mm rings isn't exactly easy, and I've owned Simmons scopes for years with zero complaints.
    Finding both, at the same time and in the same place for $100 all told and boresighted, too good to pass up. And to be honest, with no offense intended, I've not truly been won over by Vortex.

So Vortex hasn't won you over as of yet, but a 100 dollar scope,a set of rings, mounting did...
    That's funny...

I'll send Vortex a email, it will say, you could have had a new customer, but you didn't have a blue light combo special for 98.00.

Vortexs reply,.,., we dodged a bullet.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Everyone's eyes are different, maybe the Simmons looks better to him than the CF2 line.

He's had luck with Simmons and sticks with a brand he knows (maybe he's had a Vortex in the past and it didn't "wow" him), there's some people that only stick with Nikon, Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Hawke, etc. because they've used it in the past and they've had great luck with it.

Can't fault someone sticking to what they've had experience with

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Squirrel, no need to be an ass. The reality is that I used Talley rings and for 11mm they aren't exactly cheap. The place I found them also had Simmons glass that I've used and have no complaints with, and is a local business that deserves my business because he earned it...your scathing opinion of my choices means so very [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE] little. Carry on carrying on.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Talley rings are very nice, exquisite, in fact. Put a set on my 452 American and I can say without doubt that they're worthy of the rifle (which is a very high standard indeed).

Top Bottom