• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Don't know that they're rich. Looks like a hoot, and honestly not much more expensive than the gear guys post here. Not an ungodly expensive amount of rounds downrange. No "richer" or more "mall ninja" then nutnfancy's sledgehammer runs. It's just filmed and edited very well. Oh, and everyone had eye and ear protection. Big plus in my opinion.

Strikes me that you really wouldn't need much more than 10 acres and a few well constructed hills to pull this off.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Don't know that they're rich. Looks like a hoot, and honestly not much more expensive than the gear guys post here. Not an ungodly expensive amount of rounds downrange. No "richer" or more "mall ninja" then nutnfancy's sledgehammer runs. It's just filmed and edited very well. Oh, and everyone had eye and ear protection. Big plus in my opinion.

Strikes me that you really wouldn't need much more than 10 acres and a few well constructed hills to pull this off.

We're contemplating putting something like that in (shoot and move) downstream of our lake using the dam as the backstop.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Except this is all a bunch of kids that look barely old enough to drive, let alone buy a drink legally and nutnfancy and several of his "TNP'rs" are retired military with everything from seals to rangers and spec ops backgrounds.

Granted he lets a few regular fellows come as well but these guys are just running and gunning with no regard to accuracy records or any stated purpose.

Every sledgehammer run helps someone prove out their system or shows them which part of their system needs improvement.

IMO there's a HUGE difference between this "Look at our fully decked out AR's while we gang bang these targets that already have 50 holes in them" and NutnFancy's Youtube Sledgehammer videos.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Except this is all a bunch of kids that look barely old enough to drive, let alone buy a drink legally

"Look," maybe, but truth is we don't know who they are or what their experience levels or backgrounds may be.

running and gunning with no regard to accuracy records or any stated purpose.

How can you possibly know that? We never see the targets they are shooting at, and while they may not have stated a purpose in their video (not everybody can be as self-absorbed and long-winded as Nutnfancy), that's not to say they didn't have one. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they were practicing with purpose (I see evidence of teamwork, multiple-target engagement, use of cover, malfunction clearances, reloads, off-side shooting, and shooting on the move), which is a great deal more beneficial than the "killing dirt," "plinking" or general "converting money into noise" that many shooters engage in on a regular basis.

My :twocents:

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    "Look," maybe, but truth is we don't know who they are or what their experience levels or backgrounds may be.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say they were practicing with purpose (I see evidence of teamwork, multiple-target engagement, use of cover, malfunction clearances, reloads, off-side shooting, and shooting on the move), which is a great deal more beneficial...

Totally agree, based on this vid, there has been some training involved somewhere down the line. I'd bet they are hitting black pretty regular...

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Except this is all a bunch of kids that look barely old enough to drive, let alone buy a drink legally and nutnfancy and several of his "TNP'rs" are retired military with everything from seals to rangers and spec ops backgrounds.

What do you think those retired military guys looked like when they were new grunts who were barely old enough to drive, let alone buy a drink legally?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

How can you possibly know that? We never see the targets they are shooting at, and while they may not have stated a purpose in their video (not everybody can be as self-absorbed and long-winded as Nutnfancy), that's not to say they didn't have one. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they were practicing with purpose (I see evidence of teamwork, multiple-target engagement, use of cover, malfunction clearances, reloads, off-side shooting, and shooting on the move), which is a great deal more beneficial than the "killing dirt," "plinking" or general "converting money into noise" that many shooters engage in on a regular basis.

The up-loader of the video has in his YouTube profile that he's 21..... Also looks like the primarily focused guy is active duty marines and some of the others are as well but a number of them are just civilians like a lot of us.

I saw quite a few of their targets in the video actually. I counted at least 8 targets shown that were just completely shot up and were still being fired upon. Take another look with the audio off and fullscreen the video in 720P. You see ALL KINDS of targets throughout.

I'll agree with some of the tactics practice but without showing any sort of "resulting hits" a lot of the time they look like they are just practicing pulling the trigger as fast as humanly possible. That's fine for a cover drill but for target engagement I'd expect to see 1-5 round counts at a time.

I have no problem what the guys in this video are doing really, I'm all for reloads, shooting from cover, teamwork drills etc.

My comments are geared towards Tim saying this video provides as much data as a start to finish video of a timed, simulated stress results shown course of fire by people who are mostly combat veterans is just silly to me. (Also every weapons system and course of fire is thoroughly explained in the video on the Sledgehammer runs so you know who is shooting what as well as what they are shooting at)

If the guys in this video (Cut you down) were shooting at reactive targets and you could hear or easily see the hits, it would be one thing but they're just shooting up paper and that adds up to lots of "Converting Money into Noise" in my opinion.

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Thanks Shooter. I thought about that last night-I was going to PM you whether I should move it to a Break Room or WTS thread!

On top of it as always!

Top Bottom