• ...and so much more!
  • menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hello,

I wanted to do a little show and tell on my Chiappa 1911-22. I purchased this pistol as a stock two tone (black and tan Cerakote) and began customizing it. The work done includes:

-Drilled and polished Trigger
    -Lightened trigger pull (springs adjusted, cam lobes polished)
    -Polished hammer
    -Checkered "mainspring housing"
    -Checkered front strap
    -Magwell
    -Bead Blasted and polished flat frame and barrel hood
    -Tuned Extractor

The gun shoots phenominally and prefers federal bulk pack over any remington or winchester ammo. These are not even close to a traditional 1911 inside. They use a series of cam lobes and torsional springs to operate the hammer. The material for the frame and slide is a zinc/aluminum alloy that polishes well. Weight is very close to my full size 1911s.

I am willing to provide any of the checkering, tuning, or polishing services to those interested. I can do any type of checkering, serrations, or general 1911 part fitting/tuning as well. Feel free to contact me or info.

gun5.jpg

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

gun4.jpg

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Great job!! They shoot great but a heavy trigger pull. I see you took care of that. I have found that they could use adjustable sights also.
    I know they sell a model with the adjustable sights...but at the time I couldn't find one.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What do you charge to checker a front strap? Any better pics of the checkering? Good work on the .22!

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks guys; sorry I lost the thread for a while. I'll shoot some better pictures. I'm thinking of selling this one and starting a new build actually. I had novak sights in the works as well.

Checkering: well is it for a Chiappa/Puma or a real 1911? This aluminum takes less time but I've done both. I'll get a better picture on here tonight as well as another 1911 I have done. I also do back of the slide horizontal serrations, sights, lower trigger guard, the works. PM me for details

Last edited:

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I have the Chiappa/Puma 1911-22. Great gun. Cheap to buy and shoot. No problems shooting cheap ammo, but likes higher quality ammo better. I live in Florida now, could you do some of your tricks on my piece?
    Also, do standard 1911 grips fit this gun?

Top Bottom