• ...and so much more!
  • Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    Did anyone see those guy's with the 10-22's that had different colored barrels and laminated stock's? Who were those guy's and what was brand name for the aftermarket parts?

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Volquartsen makes awesome 10/22 upgrades. I have a bolt buffer and auto-bolt release in mine, and I'll be adding a hammer and spring kit soon.

I bought the bolt/recoil buffer from midway, I have to say I didn't notice much of a difference in the way of recoil. I'm not ever sure that's what it is supposed to do. I mainly bought it because the pin was just falling out of the receiver, I figured the metal on metal was wearing it out.

I would like to pick up a new barrel from them, they have some pretty sweet designs. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I am waiting on replinished stock for my Volquartsen barrel so I can order it. No backorder at this time, so that is delaying my project. Can't wait, as I have been bitten by the 10/22 bug. The parts and accessories are endless and it is amazing how much you can put into a $200 rifle. I was unaware of Tactical Innovations, so thanks for the heads up....however my wallet does not thank you!!

:spend:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The bolt buffer doesn't really help with recoil, IMHO, but it sure cuts down on the noise of the bolt. The auto bolt release and the hammer are required upgrades, though. The first will fix the three-handed bolt release problem and the second will reduce the heavy trigger down to a more manageable 2.5 lbs.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have purchased two barrels from that couple at the 1500. Their prices are about the same as you find on line, without shipping, and they are very pleasant to deal with. It was fun checking out TS's new 1911 .22 LR conversions.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    He was nice enough to recommend some steps at making my 10/22 better for plinking. And now I've been totally bitten by the bug (much to my wife's dismay.)

So, I ordered the Fajen® Fluted Stainless Legacy Stock Combo from Battenfeld. Just received that yesterday. A new Volquartsen Target Hammer is on it's way from Midway. Got the buffer, bolt release, and extended mag release from that guy.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Keith_Indy, let us know how you like that combo. I have ordered the Fajen adjustable stock from Midway, but seem to be hell bent on waiting for a different barrel I have had my eye on. It's been out of stock everywhere for over a month. This combo seems like a great deal and would get me up and running much quicker (and will probably be easier on my wallet). Now I have some thinking to do.......

:dunno:

(Decisions, decisions.)

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I like the adjustablity of the stock, the factory stock didn't fit me at all (6'4".)

I'm shooting better with the new barrel, but that ain't saying much. I'm new to rifles, so I'm getting better every day. The scope is pretty close to zeroed in, but I'm all over the place. I need to get a bag on a bench and see if I how accurate I am that way.

Biggest difference is the weight of the gun now. Feels like a real rifle now, instead of toy weight.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    And now I've been totally bitten by the bug (much to my wife's dismay.)

The bug bit me a few years ago.

IMG_0086Small-1.jpg

1043Small.jpg

1037Small.jpg

1034Small-1.jpg

1016Small-1.jpg

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington

Glock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Paul Zint Gunsmith, is there name. I picked up a TS Pac-Lite in red for my wife from them last weekend. They are from Sadieville, KY (where ever that is)

I've gotta give them some props...
    I went to that booth asking about the little screws that go in the top of the reciever on a 10/22 when the weaver mount is not on there. They dug some out of a box and gave them to me, then flat refused to take any money for them. I tried putting a couple of bucks on the table and he pushed them back.
    Didn't buy anything else at this time, but they sure hooked me up. I've saved the website, I'll go to them first the next time I want something for my 10/22 or my markIII.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was set up right next to those guys. They sold quite a few things over the 3 days. I looked briefly at some of their stocks but I'm looking for a more sedate traditional style stock. I bought several Heavy Barrel/Heavy Stock Combos from Midway years ago and built about 5 rifles. I sold all but one and finally took it out shooting a few weeks ago. I couldn't get it to feed 2 rounds in a row!! I could load a round by operating the bolt but once fired the next round jammed!! Any 10/22 experts near Broad Ripple? I thought of returning it to stock and selling off the bbl and stock combo. I have a couple other 10/22s to shoot though.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, nice guy. friend and I purchased a 'tuffer buffer' and extended mag release from them and talked a bit. Nice display and lots of 10-22 stuff! Ill be hitting them up next time Im there for more 10-22 goodness.

Top Bottom