Have you figured out how to wash off the finger paints yet? :):

ToddlerActivities.jpg

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I only use cursive when I sign a check or something I have to sign my full name. At work my "signature" has turned into 2 letters :rolleyes: from signing so much stuff. Otherwise I print everything.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Cursive? I'd be happy if students would learn something 10,000 times more practical like reading a ruler. You'd be amazed at how many people come to work in a factory and can't read a tape.

I have so little need for hand writing any more that it is just terrible.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I print everything except my name, and for that matter just as it was mentioned previously, I pretty much use capital letters on everything (I just make them a little smaller if they're not the first letter of the sentence). I do remember learning cursive when I was younger, but over the last 20 years I have lost my ability to write that way legibly. You can read my 4 yr old daughters writing easier than you can read my cursive.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I can write in cursive but you wouldn't be able to read it. Working in the medical field for 10 years can play havoc on your cursive skills as well as studying drafting in school.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I actually had a boss once tell me that I should never submit anything handwritten. I was offended at first - but really my handwriting is that bad. I'll write in cursive for grocery lists and such since it is faster - but I'm also lazy, so likely it will be both illegible and misspelled. And when I go slow and try to write pretty, it's still some weird combination of cursive and print. It ends up hurting pretty quickly due to my carpal tunnel anyway, so I just rush through so I don't have to deal with the pain anymore than necessary. If it's important, I'll just type it. Too bad I can't figure out how to clear the jam in my printer right now...hmmm...

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    i'm 29, writing in cursive hurts my hand lol. The last time I had to use it was during finals in College on all of the pesky required liberal arts courses. I print everything but my signature, but truthfully I write maybe 10 words a day, there is always a keyboard nearby and google docs has replaced "scratch paper" for me since i can access it on my phone and just about any other device...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The last time I used cursive, other than my signature, was around 1974. I use proper case and punctuation when I print though. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    The kids learn a little in 2nd grade around here. It is a dying art, but have you ever looked at how some kids hold their pencils/pens? I don't know how they could properly form the letters. Back in the old days,:oldwise: penmanship was taught and teacher walked around with a ruler and smacked the back of your hand if you didn't hold the pencil correctly. :xmad:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The kids learn a little in 2nd grade around here. It is a dying art, but have you ever looked at how some kids hold their pencils/pens? I don't know how they could properly form the letters. Back in the old days,:oldwise: penmanship was taught and teacher walked around with a ruler and smacked the back of your hand if you didn't hold the pencil correctly. :xmad:

Did you mean chisel?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm 37 and have not written in cursive since grade school...and I was terrible at it. I took years of drafting so I block print everything. My signature is pretty much a scribble. My 4th grader has cursive homework so it is still taught. Most paperwork needs to be block printed and the advent of email...few hand written letters anymore. Letters seems like they were the only place to use that style of handwriting.
    Pretty much nailed it^^^

They still teach it, but it just doesn't get used much at all anymore so it falls out of use/practice and it's hard to go back to it.

I still write my checks in cursive, but I SUCK at it just because that is pretty much the only thing I write in cursive.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Back in the old days,:oldwise: penmanship was taught and teacher walked around with a ruler and smacked the back of your hand if you didn't hold the pencil correctly. :xmad:
    So you learned from the same nuns as me?? :)
    Seriously, though, I was pretty good at cursive untill the essential tremor set in. Now it's a struggle to communicate by pencil/pen. The keyboard solves all that, though.

Top Bottom