• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much do you curse or swear?

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I try to keep my language acceptable by the crowd I'm with, I never wish to offend anyone. However, in my nature, is the beast that gets out. He's crude. He's insulting. He's pragmatic to a fault. So, around my close friends, I remove the filter and am my true self.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Although my parents swore when I was younger (not in front of me, but then parents never seem to know when a kid is close enough to hear...) I never picked up the habit. They stopped once I was around 7-8, so while I knew about every major word in the book I just never trained my mind to run for that particular filing cabinet when stressed, angry, or in pain. As such, I do not swear and appreciate it when others elect not to for my sake.

I do get amused when people try the "Shock swearing" on me, though. They seem to think that I shove wax in my ears everytime someone utters a foul word and that their swearing at me is going to elicit fainting or something. :laugh:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I run the front desk with another girl, we joke that I am sugar and spice and she is buggers and lice. I am usually the nice one unless of course you are too stupid to know what name your account is under or don't have a general idea of your pet's weight range. Other than that I rock at customer service.

Some of my co-workers make fun of me for being so nice and being able to deal with the customers they hate. I have a co-worker who mocks me for being so nice. He let it slip that he was shocked when I referred to a customer as a B when I usually have such a sweet demeanor. So for this coworker's sake I like to cuss around him. How dare he call me sweet.

Usually we don't cuss around customers but we cuss to each other. It's a way to let off steam and cope with the craziness that we see. Working there has definitely been bad for my vocabulary. I cuss more for humor than anger though.

I deal with humor cussing so much better than angry cussing. You can cuss around me as long as you do it with a smile on your face. I will usually have a smile on my face if I am cussing because I feel naughty for doing it. Maybe that's why it's fun. :)

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Depends on what where when and who.

Mostly. Until the social environment is defined. Just about the only place I do not curse is in front of customers or kids. Once cleared hot, I fire for effect. I'm a retired Sailor and rarely get get through 3 ****ing words without at least one damned curse word. Often, I run those sons of *****es in strings of several.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I try to never cuss and if I do I am regretful.

Listening to others cuss is repulsive too me.

They are only words.

If not directed toward you with malice, they are meaningless. The use of any specific word can not define intent. Changing the word does not change the emotion or intent behind what is being expressed. There is zero moral difference between DARN! and DAMN! The expression of emotion is exactly the same regardless of the word used.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They are only words.

If not directed toward you with malice, they are meaningless. The use of any specific word can not define intent. Changing the word does not change the emotion or intent behind what is being expressed. There is zero moral difference between DARN! and DAMN! The expression of emotion is exactly the same regardless of the word used.

Exactly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are only words.

Well sure. But you have to admit there aren't many mild alternatives to the most versatile bad word, the F bomb. Frack just doesn't encapsulate all that **** does, and it's not 4 letters.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    **** yeah I cuss, 10 ****ing years on construction sites and now I drive a ****ing truck, so I cuss a ****load! I try not to at home, unless I'm talking dirty to the wife:naughty:

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well sure. But you have to admit there aren't many mild alternatives to the most versatile bad word, the F bomb. Frack just doesn't encapsulate all that **** does, and it's not 4 letters.

Frack only belongs on SciFi shows trying to thumb their nose at FCC censors. :)

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville

**** is the most ****ing versatile word on the whole ****ing English language.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I saw George Carlin at Clowes in Feb '01.

He walked out onstage to thunderous applause.
    George stood there still after waving to the crowd until the whistles and cheers had silenced.
    In a quietly monotone delivery he simply asked the crowd
    "Ya know what people don't talk about very much anymore?"
    ...and after a few seconds of silence he says,
    "...p**sy farts!".

The crowd erupted.

One of the all time great comedy bits in the history of standup:

the following video is NSFW

[video=youtube;vbZhpf3sQxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZhpf3sQxQ[/video]

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't cuss around children or older people who may not appreciate it. With friends around a bonfire with a drink in my hand, that is a different story. We are all adults and say whatever we want. It is more common with some friends than others. I checked social curser on the poll.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    As with the majority...depends on when and where. At work where I have to act completely professional, nope, unlikely I will. At home and I bury the tractor in the mud, you can bet on it.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So who decided that certain words were swear words while others were totally acceptable? It's a string of letters that make a certain sound. What person in their infinite wisdom decided that they were vulgar? Can I make up a word and then say it's a swear? Strint. There you go. A random string of letters just popped into my head. I haven't decided what it means yet, but rest assured I will. And it's a terribly vulgar term.

In all seriousness, words are just words. They're just sounds that are made by forcing air through our vocal cords and moving our mouths a certain way. I do think that some people who swear all the time sound rather unintelligent, but the majority of those people would sound unintelligent whether they swear or not. I choose not to swear in front of children or in front of people with whom I'm not familiar simply out of respect. But there are many more important things to worry about than the sounds that people make. The words that people use whether it be a swear, a racial or religious slur, an insult, or any sort of derogatory comment are not at the top of my list of things to be concerned with. Sticks and stones....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So who decided that certain words were swear words while others were totally acceptable? It's a string of letters that make a certain sound. What person in their infinite wisdom decided that they were vulgar? Can I make up a word and then say it's a swear? Strint. There you go. A random string of letters just popped into my head. I haven't decided what it means yet, but rest assured I will. And it's a terribly vulgar term.

In all seriousness, words are just words. They're just sounds that are made by forcing air through our vocal cords and moving our mouths a certain way. I do think that some people who swear all the time sound rather unintelligent, but the majority of those people would sound unintelligent whether they swear or not. I choose not to swear in front of children or in front of people with whom I'm not familiar simply out of respect. But there are many more important things to worry about than the sounds that people make. The words that people use whether it be a swear, a racial or religious slur, an insult, or any sort of derogatory comment are not at the top of my list of things to be concerned with. Sticks and stones....

nope. I reject your word. "Strint" is not a four letter word. All the good bad words have four letters. Okay. Nevermind. I just thought of *****. That's a pretty good bad word.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    nope. I reject your word. "Strint" is not a four letter word. All the good bad words have four letters. Okay. Nevermind. I just thought of *****. That's a pretty good bad word.

I like strint. It could become a code word on line for "Go **** yourself" or something close.

Top Bottom