• How much do you curse or swear?

• Total voters

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    But what about our first meeting? I think I heard the F(er) bomb muttered under your breath at my mention that "I was told you could recommend a Glock for me".:laugh: I'm not sure whether I heard it or not... your cohort was laughing too loudly for me to know for sure. :):
    True story. :lmfao:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I glory in offending some that deserve it, and my 18 y/o gets that from me. He could make a Russian sailor blush.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I curse fairly frequently. It has nothing to do with a limited vocabulary, it just seems appropriate to emphasize the statement sometimes. I use them like an exclamation mark. I also use them as a stress reliever when doing anything mechanical that isn't going my way. I've had to invent new curse words to adequately express my opinions on topics like snapping a spark plug off inside the head. I'm a firm believer that expressive cursing can be used to loosen rusted bolts, allow more room to wiggle a part past a cross member, prevent a wrench from slipping, etc. The bolt must fear your wrath and WANT to not round off.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes, I have no shortage of vocabulary or grammar. The words serve merely as an exclamation, well, and a way to offend those who deserve it. And some of them deserve it richly. Very richly indeed.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm a " social curser " , only because I've stepped on my ****in dick enough to learn sum soshal graces .

Around my peeps though , it's ****in on man !

Murica , **** YEAH !

My personal favorite , GO **** YOURSELF WITH A CACTUS ***** !!!!!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I swear a crap ton but I know when and where it is okay. I rarely swear around children. I don't really even swear while drinking and children are around (places like Wings Etc. or at parties where some little crap factories show up with parents). I honestly don't care if someone is offended by hearing me swear but I also feel it isn't my place to be teaching other people's children how to swear like a drunken sailor.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can get my point across without cursing. I was recently told that I am not enlightened and that my mind is enslaved because I don't use profanity, which makes absolutely no sense. I really don't mind people cursing around me, but I do not appreciate being cursed at. That is another story.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I curse fairly frequently. It has nothing to do with a limited vocabulary, it just seems appropriate to emphasize the statement sometimes. I use them like an exclamation mark. I also use them as a stress reliever when doing anything mechanical that isn't going my way. I've had to invent new curse words to adequately express my opinions on topics like snapping a spark plug off inside the head. I'm a firm believer that expressive cursing can be used to loosen rusted bolts, allow more room to wiggle a part past a cross member, prevent a wrench from slipping, etc. The bolt must fear your wrath and WANT to not round off.

Yes, yes this is true. It seems to work for me as well. When desperation is setting in and I am resorting to intimidation of inanimate objects and devices I have invented new curse words as well.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I am definitely a social / shock curser. I curse to fit in and I curse to shock. It's fun, it relieves stress.

I observe the time and the place. I try to be a discriminate curser. I don't drop the F bomb all the time but I drop it when it's appropriate. I think using the F bomb is in my job description.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am definitely a social / shock curser. I curse to fit in and I curse to shock. It's fun, it relieves stress.

I observe the time and the place. I try to be a discriminate curser. I don't drop the F bomb all the time but I drop it when it's appropriate. I think using the F bomb is in my job description.

I am surrounded by G-daughters. 3 live next door to us and 1 lives with us. I have had to tone down my use of stress relieving colorful language as the 7 year old G-daughter is well aware of these words and knows that I am being a "Bad" Pa-Pa if she hears me.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a filthy mouth and I know it. That said I know when to not swear. I never do it around my kids (or anyone else's for that matter). I'm so careful with it that my 4 year old will yell at me if I say "Shutup" because it's a "bad word". I also don't use the "f" word seven times in the same sentence unless it's a string of irate random swear words to blow off steam. People who do that come across as less than intelligent to me. I know a guy that uses "f***in" instead of "um" when he can't figure out what he's trying to say. Good guy, intelligent guy, but it makes him sound like an idiot.

Top Bottom