• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Any body know how long the current wait is for a Utah permit.

Mailed 4/20 and received by Utah BCI 4/22.

I know they just stick it in a box and throw it on the shelf with the other 50-100 plus apps received that day. Their clock does'nt start ticking till they pull the box off the shelf months later. I think they have 60 days or so from then, by statute, to process and issue or deny the application. My understanding is with the huge workload and personnel shortage the time requirement is not always (seldom?) met.

I am guessing September 11, 2009.

Any insight?

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I took my Utah N/R class on February 28th. We were told that once they cashed the check or processed the credit card #, by their own law - they had 60 days. My credit card was processed on March 27 & I still haven't received mine, but think it'll be here by this weekend. They're obviously taking every bit of the 60 days. I'll let you know if it's longer than that.....

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I sent in for mine on 3/21. According to their website and application form it would take 60 days. I assumed that was 60 days from receipt of the application. I don't have it yet, but will post when it arrives.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I sent in for mine on 3/21. According to their website and application form it would take 60 days. I assumed that was 60 days from receipt of the application. I don't have it yet, but will post when it arrives.

I believe it's 60 days from when they process your payment Woodsman. I actually submitted my application around March 2nd & they took over 3 weeks to even process the payment. See if you can tell when they processed the pymt through a bank statement, and then it should be 60 days from that date - as I was told in my class.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I believe it's 60 days from when they process your payment Woodsman. I actually submitted my application around March 2nd & they took over 3 weeks to even process the payment. See if you can tell when they processed the pymt through a bank statement, and then it should be 60 days from that date - as I was told in my class.

I was told by the instructor to use a certified bank check to help with the processing of the payment. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess I suppose. If the application and check sit in an in-basket for weeks then it would make sense the 60 days starts when they first react to it.

I'll bet those people are busy though. It seems the recent election got a lot of people motivated.

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Just found a post on USA carry that indicated: 1) Utah BCI hired 6 new employees for processing applications, 2) They still only have 3 investigators doing the background checks, 3) Applications have more than double since November '08, 4) Average wait is 90 days after they open your application.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I mailed my app to them on 10/22/08. They received it on 10/26/08. My credit card was charged on 11/06/08. I received my permit exactly 60 days after my card was charged. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    keyser and Dragon Talon,

The Tactics and Training forum of INGunOwners usually has information on some upcoming classes. DPG has a Utah class scheduled for 7/23 in Indy.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    OK. I called today to get the status of my permit. He said they're too busy & don't do "courtesy checks anymore." He told me that they're running at least 3 1/2 months to get the permits out.....

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    88 Days, Door to Door

Any body know how long the current wait is for a Utah permit.

Mailed 4/20 and received by Utah BCI 4/22.

Received 7/17, 88 days for door to door service. I am not complaining. I originally figured it would show up in early September.

Permit was issued 7/9/09 and is valid until 7/9/14.

The letter stated, "this permit is valid contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being received from the FBI. You will be notified if the fingerprints are rejected, or of a revocation if the FBI criminal history report contains information of a disqualifying nature."

So I suppose they have not completed the application process yet, but I do have the valid permit in my possession. I have been fingerprinted and had background checks done before for my line of work with the fed so I do not anticipate any issues there.

Top Bottom