• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    You might try reading through this thread back a ways...I believe I read somewhere to email a legislator or something along those lines... but I would definitely do some emailing to somebody and get the ball rolling, whether the department wants you to have it or not it's your right...not a privilege, as long as your record is clean that is.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    That could be why the lady at the police station indicated that it would take a month. She knew it would sit there for 3 weeks. The only thing I've been hauled to jail over was not paying some traffic tickets in 1990, when I was 17. I made $4/hour at Mcdonalds. I "worked" off the tickets in 10 days at Allen county lockup. Sad when you "make" more money in jail than actually working.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    I hope you listed that on the application, from what I've heard anything on your record they want to know, even if it wasn't a felony or misdemeanor. I could be wrong I don't know, never had a set of cuffs put on me, but I could see them making a issue about it. But until then I would definitely read thru old post and see who they've suggested emailing, it's worked for a few guys and they got theirs fairly quick after sending a email. My local pd approved mine the day I paid local fees. Good luck, hope you join the club soon. Best decision I ever made

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Just checked and now it says approved. :) My LCP was starting to get lonely at home all by itself. My wife didn't think I was serious about getting a gun until I showed it to her the other day. I was showing her pics of pink guns on my phone. She said "I like the black ones better." I said "Like this?" and pulled it out of my sock drawer. It was kind of funny. I dropped the mag, cleared the chamber, and held it out to her. She was stunned and didn't want to touch it. It's not like we haven't had a shotgun in the closet for the last 24 years.
    "You have a permit?"
    "My permit will be here soon. It's really easy in Indiana to get one"
    "You aren't taking that to my families house, are you?" (Reason for this question will require a new thread)
    "If I leave the house it will be in my pocket"
    "Oh"

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Your wife is obviously a lot more level headed and understanding than mine is about purchases like that haha. But congrats, but I suggest a holster. Never been a fan of pocket carrying. Just my preference though, as long as you're carrying (and its not easy to disarm you) that's all that matters.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I HAVE to pocket carry while working (Delivering Oxygen). Never know which grandma would call in and complain to the boss. Was thinking about getting this one for when I'm off the clock.
    desantis-012-maverick-holster-bpl.jpg

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    32 days? What does the status on the ISP site say?
    I guess I don't get how a big fat piece of leather directly touching my skin in the blazing summer heat would be comfortable. Besides, I'm the type who likes to cinch up my belt good and snug so my pants don't sag. I don't think IWB would be compatible with that. Maybe I'll just have to try one someday to prove myself wrong.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Iwb is the only way I'll carry, unless I'm just running to the store for something quick... I wear a undershirt between my skin and holster, all day long at work and I forget its there. As far as the pants, I'm a skinny guy...160lbs and 6'3, never had a problem with my pants sagging because of it. Try one sometime and you'll love it, other than in a car it gets kinda uncomfortable there...for me anyways

Kellyblues

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2015
    Frankfort
    Completed online application in the late hours of Friday night May 29th including scheduling and paying for electronic fingerprints. Monday June 1st 4:00 pm electronic fingerprints taken at county sheriffs office. Tuesday June 2nd 7:45 am Paid local fee at city police department. Tuesday June 2nd 3:00 pm online status was approved. Monday June 8th received pretty pink card in the mail. 9 days start to finish.

Without going into detail I was prepared for a long wait. I've never been convicted of any crime that doesn't mean I don't have an arrest record that would take a while to read. Granted, all that was 21-24 years ago in a state far away. I expected some phones to ring and dust blown off of files and such. I would be surprised of some of those locations are up to date with technology. The last time I was through one of them last year they was actually getting a convenience store, across from the feed store, next to the baptist church, at the flashing yellow light. Heck when I was younger that place was just getting that flashing yellow light and it was the talk of the community. That was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and was later straightened out. But the arrest is still there as are the others ones from that time in my life. But as the law states no convictions , pay the fee, resident of the state , US citizen and answer all questions 100% truthfully and you get your permit. No questions about any arrests in my life.

Now my local departments I think two things came into play. One is when I went to city police department to pay local fee the lady that runs the office window and takes care of all the was 45 minuets late and felt terrible that I waited for 45 minuets. I was at the window at 6:59, they open at 7:00am. The second is I'm in my mid 40's and sport the gray hair Ive earned and deserve on my chin and head. At both locations I had on my work shirt. I work for a very large and well know manufacturing facility in Frankfort. Why do I think that mattered? When my 21 year old 6'6 240lb son applied for his it took almost three months.. Hmmmmmmm

Last edited:

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Took myself and my wife exactly 1 week to the day from when we paid our local fees. Don't know if it's different for us because we have to go to the Sheriff dept since we live outside the city limits.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    She's also a former correctional officer and I'm currently a Sergeant at New Castle Correctional Facility and was a police reserve for a couple years. Idk if they look at stuff like that or not because I know retired correctional officers get a discount.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Not sure but I bet it didn't hurt having that kind of background. I've never had any criminal history never been put in cuffs and it took 9 days to approval, 12 days to the mail.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Everybody chill and be thankful you aren't me. I'm always snakebit when it comes to having to wait for anything. I have never NOT fallen through a crack.

Filled out online and did the electronic prints, paid the local on 10/6/14. Pending local approval month after month. Started calling the locals about March but either couldn't get through or got lost in their voicemail system. Finally after 5 1/2 mos I was told it could take 6 mos and to not bother calling until then. At 6 1/2 mos it was still pending local approval and I finally got through to the actual guy in charge. To his credit, he took my number and said he'd look into it. Less than a half hour later he called me back and apologized profusely. They had sent my app to state way back when but said state had 'lost' it. Maybe,.....whatever. Anyway, he had resubmitted and the website showed pending ISP approval later that day. That was 4/20. Been pending ISP ever since so I'm creeping up on 7 mos now.

This is nothing. I once went 6 yrs on an NFA transfer and that was dealer-to-dealer. I once went 2 yrs on a form5 just trying to get my own gun back from the gunsmith(and he was a buddy of mine so I know the delay wasn't on his end).

UPDATE,..........LTCH showed up in the mail about two weeks ago so we kept it just under 8mos. Yay!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom