Not open for further replies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    13 Days WOW!! Hope mine comes this soon, I went to the Sheriffs office on 8/14. I went for the lifetime permit, bad thing is I didn't get in within 30 days, dang it! Yesterday I was carrying, today I am no longer legal until my new permit arrives, hopefully it will be soon.

You can STILL carry LEGALLY!

Carry your expired license, along with your application for a new permit, and you are LEGAL to carry until your new permit arrives!:rockwoot:

9mm Luger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You can STILL carry LEGALLY!

Carry your expired license, along with your application for a new permit, and you are LEGAL to carry until your new permit arrives!:rockwoot:

No you can not, read (b) carefully.
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No you can not, read (b) carefully.
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

Read that again! It CLEARLY says you CAN carry legally!
    "If the application for renewal of an existing license is "FILED" within 30 days of it's expiration, the existing license "is automatically extended" until the application for renewal is passed upon"

You definitely CAN carry, while waiting on you renewal license!

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    According to what I received in letter form from the City:

"If your current handgun license was not expired when the renewal application was made, you may carry the enclosed applicant copy (the pink one) with your license until your updated license arrives from the state..."

Should be okay if you have your pink application copy :dunno:

medic67- your a lucky dog getting to apply online. Wish Tippecanoe would have gotten on board...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    According to what I received in letter form from the City:

"If your current handgun license was not expired when the renewal application was made, you may carry the enclosed applicant copy (the pink one) with your license until your updated license arrives from the state..."

Should be okay if you have your pink application copy :dunno:

medic67- your a lucky dog getting to apply online. Wish Tippecanoe would have gotten on board...
    Supposedly next year

9mm Luger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Read that again! It CLEARLY says you CAN carry legally!
    "If the application for renewal of an existing license is "FILED" within 30 days of it's expiration, the existing license "is automatically extended" until the application for renewal is passed upon"

You definitely CAN carry, while waiting on you renewal license!
    I didn't get it filed within the thirty days, I mentioned that in my OP.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I didn't get it filed within the thirty days, I mentioned that in my OP.
    I don't understand. If it was filed within 30 days, it's valid when accompanied by renewal application. If it was filed with MORE than 30 days before expiring, then the old license should still be good.
    As long as it was not EXPIRED before you filed for renewal, you should be o.k. to carry:dunno:
    LEO's, please chime in on this one!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I believe he is saying he let his permit expire, and he didnt get his paperwork turned in till after 30 days. In which he will not be able to carry.:popcorn:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I believe he is saying he let his permit expire, and he didnt get his paperwork turned in till after 30 days. In which he will not be able to carry.:popcorn:
    Got it! :ugh:
    That's a different story ENTIRELY!
    9mm, good luck with your wait, hope it's not too long.
    Another good reason for getting the Lifetime license. I got mine about 6 months after they began offering them. Guess I was at the right place, at the right time!:rockwoot:

9mm Luger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    NW Indiana
    UPDATE:

Renewal Applied For 8/14/09
    M.O. Cashed 8/27/09

Not bad so far...anyone have a general wait time between the M.O. being cashed and delivery of your permit?

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I mailed my paperwork in on 8/13 and received my lifetime lic. in the mail 8/28:rockwoot:

I had a four year lic in like 2000 but let it expire, seems like it took alot longer then, needless to say i was pumped.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Holy crap, haven't checked this thread in a while, you lucky turds are getting them in around 1/5th the time we were waiting this spring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom