• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Whoever you spoke to is wrong. Going to your local agency won't get you any further. Send an email to ISP@isp.in.gov with all of her information and it will get resolved.

That's not entirely true. Going to your local PD can tell you when your app was transmitted to ISP, provided that they will tell you. If you go back in this thread, you will find stories from people who had their apps delayed by the locals for one reason or another. The Carmel Chief used to make all applicants come in for a personal interview prior to approving an app. Sandy Hook adjusted his thinking on that, but the locals can still derail your train.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Whoever you spoke to is wrong. Going to your local agency won't get you any further. Send an email to ISP@isp.in.gov with all of her information and it will get resolved.

The person That I spoke to told me that she could not run the check on it with out having a picture ID due to security reasons. I filed the L1 on my email so would they respond to me? I gave the person on the phone all of the information and they still informed me to have her take her app number and picture ID to the Sheriffs office to check up on it. Not saying your wrong but that came from the firearms licensing division.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    The person That I spoke to told me that she could not run the check on it with out having a picture ID due to security reasons. I filed the L1 on my email so would they respond to me? I gave the person on the phone all of the information and they still informed me to have her take her app number and picture ID to the Sheriffs office to check up on it. Not saying your wrong but that came from the firearms licensing division.

My daughter went to the sheriffs department today. Her app was forwarded the last part of August the sheriffs office gave her a phone number to call because they said she should have recieved it by now. My daughter called and of course they are having computer issues. This has been very frustrating to say the least.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    :tumbleweed:

It's been awhile since I checked in on this thread. It's nice to see volume slowing down a bit. It's a far cry from the craziness of last year.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    :tumbleweed:

It's been awhile since I checked in on this thread. It's nice to see volume slowing down a bit. It's a far cry from the craziness of last year.

A year ago, I was posting in this thread sometimes multiple times a day. Answering questions and offering ideas to folks who were waiting multiple months. Now days, 2 weeks is a long wait.

Nice to see the new system is working. :thumbsup: ISP

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    A year ago, I was posting in this thread sometimes multiple times a day. Answering questions and offering ideas to folks who were waiting multiple months. Now days, 2 weeks is a long wait.

Nice to see the new system is working. :thumbsup: ISP

My daughter is still waiting. She applied August 20th through L1 we talked with State Police on Friday October 9th she stated it is still 6-9 weeks even though the L1 site said 3 days. It's a bummer for my daughter she is really looking forward to getting it.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    My daughter is still waiting. She applied August 20th through L1 we talked with State Police on Friday October 9th she stated it is still 6-9 weeks even though the L1 site said 3 days. It's a bummer for my daughter she is really looking forward to getting it.
    I actually went in to pay for my local on august 20th, did everything else online and still am waiting. I signed up online for notifications a few minutes ago but it says my credentials arent valid when signing in so maybe i have to wait for a verifying email that i havent gotten yet. Ive called the state multiple times, they just refer me to my local because they cannot verify who i am over the phone. Every time i call my local they tell me to wait 2 weeks and call back even though i ask if they can look into it further like the state tells me to ask them. Its nice to see im not the only one though. The first couple of weeks i was running to the mailbox like i was ralphie waiting for my little orphan annie decoder pen. Now I have zero hope that its going to be in the mailbox.

jcj54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    If the government tries really, really, really hard to get it right they will still screw up a one car parade....

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

I actually went in to pay for my local on august 20th, did everything else online and still am waiting. I signed up online for notifications a few minutes ago but it says my credentials arent valid when signing in so maybe i have to wait for a verifying email that i havent gotten yet. Ive called the state multiple times, they just refer me to my local because they cannot verify who i am over the phone. Every time i call my local they tell me to wait 2 weeks and call back even though i ask if they can look into it further like the state tells me to ask them. Its nice to see im not the only one though. The first couple of weeks i was running to the mailbox like i was ralphie waiting for my little orphan annie decoder pen. Now I have zero hope that its going to be in the mailbox.

Interesting how ISP will talk to one person and not another. Wonder why ? Is it just the person you get on the other end ? :dunno:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Interesting how ISP will talk to one person and not another. Wonder why ? Is it just the person you get on the other end ? :dunno:
    Im not sure how detailed his talk with them was. They didnt give me any specific time frame or information. Everything was very vague just that if i wanted to know if there was any issues I had to contact my local who would then contact them, because they can verify who the police are.??? It made zero sense to me, youd think paying for the right to have your God given constitutional rights recognized would get you a little better service. Maybe thats just me.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    finally got signed in. my ltch# starts with 0 and when i signed up i started the login with 0 but i guess it wants you leave that out. Anyway its says i have all these errors with mine that i need to fix including payment (have receipts all is paid). Whenever I click to fix them I get this page.

Attachments

• ispfailure.jpg
      ispfailure.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 26

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN

I have got the same reply as kickbacked then they gave me another number to call. That lady is the one that talked only because I wanted to know who to call because the receipt from L1 says 3-7 days and we are still waiting over 5 weeks later. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. They have referred my daughter to our local sheriffs department and the local sheriffs office say there is nothing they can do to call the State Police. It is a vicious cycle. :xmad:

JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Sweet, it finally came today! Start to finish it took 6 weeks (with ink prints NO L-1).

finally someone from fort wayne that posted a wait time haha. i applied for mine 2 weeks ago yesterday and i did my fingerprints electronically hopefully its true about it being quicker by doing it that way. ill keep everyone updated

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    My local sheriff's department mailed in my fingerprints (ink on paper) on August 20, I mailed in my application on 8-21. My local sheriff's department told me it was received on 8-27, it was approved on 10-3, and I received my new plastic card LTCH on 10-14. It was somewhat frustrating trying to find out what was going on with it, all the sheriff's department could tell me was that it was approved, no license number to log on so I could use the state police website. I called support for APRIS, the software vendor and they could only tell me the same information. They said to call ISP, which I found to be a complete waste of my time and my nickle.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    My local sheriff's department mailed in my fingerprints (ink on paper) on August 20, I mailed in my application on 8-21. My local sheriff's department told me it was received on 8-27, it was approved on 10-3, and I received my new plastic card LTCH on 10-18. It was somewhat frustrating trying to find out what was going on with it, all the sheriff's department could tell me was that it was approved, no license number to log on so I could use the state police website. I called support for APRIS, the software vendor and they could only tell me the same information. They said to call ISP, which I found to be a complete waste of my time and my nickle.

:welcome: to :ingo:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My local sheriff's department mailed in my fingerprints (ink on paper) on August 20, I mailed in my application on 8-21. My local sheriff's department told me it was received on 8-27, it was approved on 10-3, and I received my new plastic card LTCH on 10-18. It was somewhat frustrating trying to find out what was going on with it, all the sheriff's department could tell me was that it was approved, no license number to log on so I could use the state police website. I called support for APRIS, the software vendor and they could only tell me the same information. They said to call ISP, which I found to be a complete waste of my time and my nickle.

1Sc25bt.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom