• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I applied in Marion county, got my finger prints done at the state police HQ by MorphoTrust on Tue the 29th. Funny thing I was told to go to the city county building and pay the local fee, well apparently they do not accept payment on Tuesday at the county building so I had to go back today. paid my local fee got fingerprinted again and was told the state will be sending my permit. All in all not too painful of the process. Now it is in the hands of the bureaucracy. Though compared to some other state bureaucracies Indiana is relatively fast, emphasis on the relatively.

Bearing in mind that we shouldn't have to get a permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right, Indiana is one of the fastest right now.

indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    I think they are having trouble matching my prints with my application. Yesterday I get an email asking for a copy of my L1 receipt showing that I went to L1 solutions and got electronically finger printed or a copy of my money order showing that I paid the state fee and got finger printed by my local police agency.

I sent them a screenshot of an email confirmation of me paying the L1 fee and a picture of the actual receipt I got after doing it along with a picture of my receipt for my money order.

I talked to a guy at ISP yesterday about why is this taking so long and they couldn't match my finger prints. Turns out the finger prints weren't transmitted properly and I wouldn't even know unless I contacted them in the first place. Now I have to get finger printed again on Monday and probably wait another two months for anything to get done.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I talked to a guy at ISP yesterday about why is this taking so long and they couldn't match my finger prints. Turns out the finger prints weren't transmitted properly and I wouldn't even know unless I contacted them in the first place. Now I have to get finger printed again on Monday and probably wait another two months for anything to get done.

Usually when someone at ISP gets personally involved in a case, it gets resolved pretty quickly. Bet you'll see pink within a couple weeks.

IndyJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Morpho trust prints done July 16th and local fee paid at Marion County city/county building on July 23rd. Pink slip came today Aug 1. Renewal with clean record.

kratzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Many people here have said something like "Approval Issued x day, license received two days later". How do you know you were approved before it arrives in the mail? Do you have to email them or call them, or do they send you an email when you are approved? I applied last Tuesday- L1 prints, and paid locally all on the same day. Nothing yet. I know its only 6 days, and I am not worried (yet). Given the fast responses seen here, I would anticipate having it by the weekend though

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Many people here have said something like "Approval Issued x day, license received two days later". How do you know you were approved before it arrives in the mail? Do you have to email them or call them, or do they send you an email when you are approved? I applied last Tuesday- L1 prints, and paid locally all on the same day. Nothing yet. I know its only 6 days, and I am not worried (yet). Given the fast responses seen here, I would anticipate having it by the weekend though

When you get your license, it will have an "Issued" date. I assume that's how folks are determining when they were "approved".

To the best of my knowledge, ISP doesn't make a habit of informing you when you are approved.

Oh, and :welcome: to :ingo:

proshot04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    indianapolis
    I applied in Marion county, got my finger prints done at the state police HQ by MorphoTrust on Tue the 29th. Funny thing I was told to go to the city county building and pay the local fee, well apparently they do not accept payment on Tuesday at the county building so I had to go back today. paid my local fee got fingerprinted again and was told the state will be sending my permit. All in all not too painful of the process. Now it is in the hands of the bureaucracy. Though compared to some other state bureaucracies Indiana is relatively fast, emphasis on the relatively.
    Well I got my LTCH in the mail today :rockwoot: Marion county/ Indianapolis = six days not that bad.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    Did the online form on Friday (08/01) made a Fingerprint appt for Monday (08/04), completed that and brought the info over and did the paperwork over at the local PD same afternoon. Receptionist stated 3-4 weeks.

BigBat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Did my L1 prints on 7/28. Went to local PD on 7/31. Technically I went to local PD on 7/29 but the firearms licensing dept is closed Tuesdays so I had to make a separate trip (if that info was provided anywhere on the application or receipt, I have not been able to find it. Something to keep in mind if you are in Marion county).

On the receipt you get from submitting the application online it says that most people that do the L1 prints receive their permit within 3 days of the application arriving at state police. That got me worried after the first week passed. I think maybe they should correct that info. Hoping to get it within the next few days!

indianachris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Got electronically finger printed on 5/13 and paid the local fee that day. Finally got approved and got my license last week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom