• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MamasRight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    Boone County
    YEAH! I received mine yesterday in the mail. I applied online and went to do electronic fingerprints, pay state and local fees on 11/20/13 (last Wednesday). Not counting the day I did fingerprints and paid fees, it only took 3 1/2 business days after I applied for me to have it in my hand. That was much faster than I expected. :rockwoot:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    YEAH! I received mine yesterday in the mail. I applied online and went to do electronic fingerprints, pay state and local fees on 11/20/13 (last Wednesday). Not counting the day I did fingerprints and paid fees, it only took 3 1/2 business days after I applied for me to have it in my hand. That was much faster than I expected. :rockwoot:

:thumbsup:

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My brother figured out what went on with his. He called this week to leave a message in the black abyss of a telephone system they have, and when it clicked over to leave the message, someone actually answered. They looked him up in their system and they saw that the permit was issued at the end of October (just like mine, issued about 2 weeks after doing all the paperwork). There was a note in their system though, and apparently the USPS delivery guy lost his battle with someone's dog one day, because the permit was returned to the ISP completely destroyed. They had processed the re-printing of the permit supposedly this past Monday. So he is hoping he'll actually have it in his hands in the next few days.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    My brother figured out what went on with his. He called this week to leave a message in the black abyss of a telephone system they have, and when it clicked over to leave the message, someone actually answered. They looked him up in their system and they saw that the permit was issued at the end of October (just like mine, issued about 2 weeks after doing all the paperwork). There was a note in their system though, and apparently the USPS delivery guy lost his battle with someone's dog one day, because the permit was returned to the ISP completely destroyed. They had processed the re-printing of the permit supposedly this past Monday. So he is hoping he'll actually have it in his hands in the next few days.

Now I've heard it all.

Glad they found it. :thumbsup:

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Bet that ISP guy used the "dog ate my homework" excuse in 1st grade too. :rofl:

maver1ck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    107   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    NW indiana
    11/16/13-Signed up online, paid online $75 state fee+$8.95 fee for electronic fingerprinting to morphotrust and setup appt. on 11/18/13 to have it done.
    11/18/13-system down due to bad storms from night before.
    11/19/13-system back up-was able to get printing done. Got receipt to show to local PD.
    11/20/13-went to local PD, paid $50 local fee
    11/29/13-received Lifetime permit in mail today!
    I gotta say I am impressed with the speed this was handled. I am a little surprised that the permit is just a piece a paper with my info. I thought it would be a laminated ID with my picture too. Anyways, I need to go somewhere and get it laminated.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    11/29/13-received Lifetime permit in mail today!

:thumbsup:

Anyways, I need to go somewhere and get it laminated.

What most folks do is make copies, sign the copies and laminate. Keep the original unsigned in a safe place. You might have a hard time finding an office supply that will copy for you, but they are out there. Some will try to tell you it is against the law to copy a government document or some similar B.S.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I gotta say I am impressed with the speed this was handled. I am a little surprised that the permit is just a piece a paper with my info. I thought it would be a laminated ID with my picture too. Anyways, I need to go somewhere and get it laminated.

Yeah, the money we spend to utilize a constitutional right that becomes a privileged to those who purchased it is issued to us on thin pink paper. Comically they couldn't even space the back of the paper so when you cut your LTCH out you don't have "Important Firearm Injury" written on the back and cut off.

Beware, my local Staples refused to make copies of my LTCH stating it was against the law. The lady laminated it, but I was with family and didn't feel like arguing so after trying to correct her twice I simply let her laminate it and not copy it. I'll try not to lose it.

Enjoy!

Rehab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I couldn't believe mine got here even know I have a clean record in three days. After reading about the wait for some people with clean records.

Phantom7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'll be applying in Johnson county this week, so I will come back with an update on their turn time.

Please, do keep us up to date. I applied online, did fingerprinting, and paid the fees on June 18th. The officer at the Greenwood City Police Office told me it would be six (6) months and true enough, I'm still waiting. I have a clean record but the difference might be I'm a permanent resident (since 15 years ago), not a US citizen. I'm guessing it takes them time to find out I have a clean record overseas as well.

Good luck!!

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Applied to renew my 4 year into a Lifetime the week before Thanksgiving- did L-1/ Morphotrust on 11/19, IMPD on 11/21. License was issued and mailed on 11/27. It was waiting in my mailbox when I got back in town Sunday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom