• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Applied online 11/13 - paid State fee and L1 fingerprinting fee online as well.

Electronic fingerprinting 11/14.

Paid local PD (in cash, got receipt) 11/15.

Approved 11/20, received lifetime LTCH today (11/23).

Amazed how quick this was! :rockwoot:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Called 1-317-232-8263 this morning and the officer that answered the phone looked me up in the database and they said they couldn't find my information. He then stated he wanted to check on other place and sure enough he found it, the secretary at the local PD filed it in the wrong area or misfiled it. so after almost 6 months i will have my pink slip in a couple weeks.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Called 1-317-232-8263 this morning and the officer that answered the phone looked me up in the database and they said they couldn't find my information. He then stated he wanted to check on other place and sure enough he found it, the secretary at the local PD filed it in the wrong area or misfiled it. so after almost 6 months i will have my pink slip in a couple weeks.

Thanks that number worked for me and was finally able to speak to someone about the status of mine.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

Figures, doesn't it ? I bet a large percentage of the delays are nothing more than human error. :xmad:

blueyes46254

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have been waiting a little over 5 weeks now. And still have not received anything. I'm getting very impatient. I'm not sure if I should call or what to do. Whats the average wait time right now??? I had no problems getting my handgun.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Yeah I'm not sure what's taking mine so long. . I live in Indianapolis, does anyone know who I'm suppose to call?

I would try calling the number on the ISP website. Sometimes if you call first thing in the AM you get an answer.

Did you do everything electronically ? Any arrest record ? That can dramatically affect the wait time.

blueyes46254

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yes I did everything electronically. And I was arrested once but never charged. I mean it shouldn't affect me getting my license because I had no problem getting a gun. I guess it just may take longer to get my license??

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Yes I did everything electronically. And I was arrested once but never charged. I mean it shouldn't affect me getting my license because I had no problem getting a gun. I guess it just may take longer to get my license??

Yes even just being arrested with no conviction will add a bunch of time to your waiting period. They have to do a secondary check and find out the outcome of your arrest. Don't feel bad I'm in the same boat as you with waiting

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

Don't be surprised if your wait is several months. The process now gets very slow and they are supposedly quite "backed up".

The NICS check that the gun store does when you buy a gun is a different process. As long as you don't have any felonies or violent misdemeanors, you are out the door with a shiny new pop gun in a matter of a few minutes.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom