• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    It would be nice if those of us that have out of state ccw permits could carry in Indiana untill our LTCH shows up. They allready honor all states permits.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    It would be nice if those of us that have out of state ccw permits could carry in Indiana untill our LTCH shows up. They allready honor all states permits.

They'll probably NEVER allow that, unfortunately, because they know that allot of people would just do that and they wouldn't mess with getting their Indiana. LTCH permits! Ha ha

But it would be nice.

They could restrict it to only Indiana citizens who have filed an LTCH permit application. . That would be fair and they wouldn't be losing any revenues from it either.

Last edited:

sfehrman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Greenwood
    A coworker of mine did his electronic prints around 2nd to last week of August. Then took his paperwork and money to the local PD on Aug 30th.
    He just got his license today!
    So it took less than 2 weeks from when he finished all of the paperwork.
    FYI This was in Marion County

sfehrman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Greenwood
    Still new to INGO and been following this thread. My money order cashed on 09/6/13 did L1. Not getting my hopes up too high but seeing some are getting theirs in 7 - 10 day I may see mine by the end of this week or next. I let you guys know as soon as it shows up.

Hey Hairracer44.
    Congrats on getting your permit today

hairracer44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    Camby,Indiana
    Still new to INGO and been following this thread. My money order cashed on 09/6/13 did L1. Not getting my hopes up too high but seeing some are getting theirs in 7 - 10 day I may see mine by the end of this week or next. I let you guys know as soon as it shows up.

Update got home tonight and pink slip was in the mail box. Double checked and my money order was cashed on 9/4/13. So officially 6 days from the time my money order was cashed and a total of 11 days after going downtown Indy and turning in my L1 paperwork.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Not wanting to but in but I
    think the Utah non residence
    License adds more states and is
    Cheaper than the Florida non resident
    License

Yeah, I heard that too. But I also heard its a little harder to get.

I really just care about Ohio. We have kids there and travel over there a lot.

Thanks for your input.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Cool, thanks. Guess I'll do one too.

opps, I said 7 but I meant 5. According to the CCW app for the iPhone, these are the states with and without Florida nonresidential.

Indiana only
    52D55EED-2C99-49E8-BECF-6D2200656C2B-2958-00000050095AEFE6_zps0531242c.jpg

indiana with florida
    ACCEB498-3DA9-41CA-8E11-D63699CE0DF4-2958-000000500F63E4E0_zps4464340e.jpg

Indiana, Florida, and Utah
    043DF5A6-51C7-4A05-927E-D24C80E19C7B-2958-000000514FD91F92_zpsdabce494.jpg

Not trying to jack the thread,sorry.

sfehrman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Greenwood
    They'll probably NEVER allow that, unfortunately, because they know that allot of people would just do that and they wouldn't mess with getting their Indiana. LTCH permits! Ha ha

But it would be nice.

They could restrict it to only Indiana citizens who have filed an LTCH permit application. . That would be fair and they wouldn't be losing any revenues from it either.

This confuses me. I thought Indiana honored all other states permits. Would that not mean you could carry with that states permit in Indiana?

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    This confuses me. I thought Indiana honored all other states permits. Would that not mean you could carry with that states permit in Indiana?

If you are a resident of indiana and do not have a instate LTCH for indiana, the will not recognize your nonresident license from another state.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    This amazes me... I have been stuck in this thread for 9 months waiting on my indiana LTCH. Now I have it but if I go to another thread I feel like I am cheating on you guys lol

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So just as a bit of an update, if you've been waiting a very long time, try a non-traditional way of reaching out (state official/etc..). I've posted some of this before but basically my wife has been waiting since February. Getting tired of waiting I reached out a legislator I have a small connection to and he got some info for me. In a nutshell L1 didn't transmit my wife's prints. We had ZERO way of ever knowing this since no one at the ISP will talk to you, but she has to go get her prints retaken and I have it on good authority her application will be evaluated very quickly once that's done. I have the name/number of an ISP representative (no I won't give it out, sorry) who told me to call as soon as she completed the reprint and they would get it finished.

I'm very annoyed that we were never told there was a problem and doubly annoyed that it took action on the part of a state senator to get status on it. A right delayed is a right denied.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    You're right, I dont see them doing it either but it would buy them all the time they need to ensure they are not issuing to a bad guy. Sounds like a win- win to me we just need to get it into law. I have ( used to ) been carring for years as an Ohio resident and had to get a Utah permit to travel to Ohio to see family and friends. I understand the Indiana backlog and am not realy upset about the wait But lets be fair. We really need a way to check the progress. I think my wait isn't Indiana's fault. Ohio has no vested interest in sending my records. It's getting silly I only have a tresspassing charge 20+sumthing years ago. I had to look it up on the internet to find the dates for my Indiana LTCH. Took 5 min.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central

If you are a resident of indiana and do not have a instate LTCH for indiana, the will not recognize your nonresident license from another state.

Micah's correct. The only way that an Indiana Resident can legally carry, in Indiana, is to have their Indiana LTCH Permit.

This amazes me... I have been stuck in this thread for 9 months waiting on my indiana LTCH. Now I have it but if I go to another thread I feel like I am cheating on you guys lol

:lol2: That's funn-ay !

I know what you mean though...it's almost like I can't believe that we actually (finally) received our LTCH permits and now we feel badly for all the other people who are in the same boat that we were in !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom