• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    I have heard so many possibilities for hold ups it is unreal. Some say being in the military automatically delays you. I had been arrested but had charges dropped, never even seen a court room over 30 years ago which is why they claim mine is being held up. She even told me that those files go to a pile that they get to in their own sweet time.

I am glad they error on the side of caution but they should not prejudge nor take an attitude toward someone who did nothing wrong.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I have heard so many possibilities for hold ups it is unreal. Some say being in the military automatically delays you. I had been arrested but had charges dropped, never even seen a court room over 30 years ago which is why they claim mine is being held up. She even told me that those files go to a pile that they get to in their own sweet time.

I am glad they error on the side of caution but they should not prejudge nor take an attitude toward someone who did nothing wrong.

I don't think that being in the military has any bearing on your application. It's that arrest thing that dings you. Once they see you have an arrest, you automatically get put into the "further review" stack. Then they have to research all of the facts surrounding your case. They reach out to the arresting jurisdiction for your details and that is what causes all of the delay. If I had to guess, I would bet that there are far more people working on the "good citizen" pile than on the "bad boy" pile.

I don't think that they "prejudge" you. They have no way of knowing the disposition of your case when they first run your check. You could be someone who was wrongly arrested and had their charges dropped, or you could be a violent felon. Personally, I would rather they check. All we need is violent criminals running around with licenses to carry.

Hang in there. :D

Just my :twocents:. YMMV

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Applied 01-07-13
    Money Order Cashed 01-10-13
    Issued 09-03-13
    Recieved 09-06-13

I agree Lectric, Isp needs an overhaul starting at the top. I think the new ISP superintendent Douglas Carter should be held accountable for the way LTCH issue is being handled.

in my humble opinion it isn't that it needs an overhaul. It's that we need someone to inforce the rules that are already in place. If they legally only have 60 days but take 9 months and no one unforces it, then how is an overhaul going to change it?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    in my humble opinion it isn't that it needs an overhaul. It's that we need someone to inforce the rules that are already in place. If they legally only have 60 days but take 9 months and no one unforces it, then how is an overhaul going to change it?

If they enforced it, they would have to deny the application if it took too long to process. Something is better than nothing.

dbrobins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    Applied late April (one of the first things we did after moving to Indiana). Got the permit around mid-August (sorry I don't have more exact dates), for a total of about 100 days. Was finally able to apply for membership to Atlanta Conservation Club range (requires LTCH) - I submitted my app, with all the requirements like attending/volunteering at matches and doing the on-site safety check completed, yesterday. :D

On a related note, the 60-day unenforced maximum wait could be altered to be like Washington state, which is 30 days and they have to issue the license before the time is up (unless there's an actual legal reason to deny it; "we took too long" doesn't cut it). So there is precedent for a better way than expiry of the time meaning "sorry, no license for you".

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    I don't think that being in the military has any bearing on your application. It's that arrest thing that dings you. Once they see you have an arrest, you automatically get put into the "further review" stack. Then they have to research all of the facts surrounding your case. They reach out to the arresting jurisdiction for your details and that is what causes all of the delay. If I had to guess, I would bet that there are far more people working on the "good citizen" pile than on the "bad boy" pile.

I don't think that they "prejudge" you. They have no way of knowing the disposition of your case when they first run your check. You could be someone who was wrongly arrested and had their charges dropped, or you could be a violent felon. Personally, I would rather they check. All we need is violent criminals running around with licenses to carry.

Hang in there. :D

Just my :twocents:. YMMV

I would agree also, better to error on the side of caution. But I thought you were only guilty if convicted. I don't mind a delay, I have waited this long and still go to the range. I was just taken back at the way she talked to me, like I was a felon. I didn't do anything wrong 30 years ago and didn't like her prejudgment. I am still waiting patiently. :)

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Applied late April (one of the first things we did after moving to Indiana). Got the permit around mid-August (sorry I don't have more exact dates), for a total of about 100 days. Was finally able to apply for membership to Atlanta Conservation Club range (requires LTCH) - I submitted my app, with all the requirements like attending/volunteering at matches and doing the on-site safety check completed, yesterday. :D

On a related note, the 60-day unenforced maximum wait could be altered to be like Washington state, which is 30 days and they have to issue the license before the time is up (unless there's an actual legal reason to deny it; "we took too long" doesn't cut it). So there is precedent for a better way than expiry of the time meaning "sorry, no license for you".

I've also just recently received my LTCH and became a member or ACC, welcome to the club. I'm in a white Mini countryman if you see it at ACC stop by and say hello.

RetiredPoPo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Middlebury
    I applied late March and waited and waited. Finally called ISP and spoke to Kim who was very helpful. They received everything except my L1. I faxed it to her and received LTCH in 4 days. Might be worth calling if I had not I assume I would still be waiting! Received LTCH September 3.

drhymer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Well I got a hold of someone just to find out there was a problem with my finger prints. Don't know what yet they are suppose to call me back.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    My wife and I sent ours in on March 19th and they were received 2 days later by ISP. She just got her lifetime LTCH today. The wait for mine continues for mine. :( I've got 2 possible reasons for the holdup. #1 is that I'm a veteran which may not affect the process at all. The 2nd is that I was arrested on a bench warrant 22 years ago for failure to appear on a speeding ticket in Missouri. I paid the ticket 2 weeks after receiving it by money order,but I didn't save the receipt. I was in the Navy at the time and was getting ready to deploy to Okinawa for 6 months. I threw away a lot of crap at that time. I didn't have to go to court over the failure to appear arrest. All I had to do to get out of jail was to pay the fine a 2nd time. Hopefully I get mine soon. I just want it to be over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom