• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    You guys need a little cheese with that whine? Geeze. If someone slips threw the cracks from a shoddy back ground check know one will be able to get a LTCH. Deal with it! Nothing has change from a year ago when you didn't have one! It all takes time! Maybe you should have got it years ago! You'll get it if you have been a good boy/girl.

What kind of cheese? Got any crackers?

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    1911y, why yes my situation has changed from a year ago, and even more so from two years ago.

Two years ago I was given custody of my daughter, surrendered by her mother because her mom let horrible things happen to her at the hands of my daughters soon to be stepfather. Jump to March 25th this year when he was sentenced to six years in prison and his aunt threatened my life in the court room and was arrested. Two nights later the mans mother and sister pull into the church PL next door to my house and tell my twelve year old daughter the are going to find her alone and kill her.

June of last year I took custody of my son from his mother(not the same as my daughter) because her now husband had beaten him to the point that I had to admit him to the hospital. I have also received threats from that guys family also, but only a beat down, as if they scare me.

So now you know some of my story. If you would be so kind as to let those of us without a LTCH whine and also give kudos to those that have received theirs, we would appreciate it. Try not making a mountain out of an ant hill in the future, or being rude for the heck of it.

Thank you and have a great day.

KCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Wish you and yours the best, Horsehaulin. Hope it arrives soon. ...and pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    1911y, why yes my situation has changed from a year ago, and even more so from two years ago.

Two years ago I was given custody of my daughter, surrendered by her mother because her mom let horrible things happen to her at the hands of my daughters soon to be stepfather. Jump to March 25th this year when he was sentenced to six years in prison and his aunt threatened my life in the court room and was arrested. Two nights later the mans mother and sister pull into the church PL next door to my house and tell my twelve year old daughter the are going to find her alone and kill her.

June of last year I took custody of my son from his mother(not the same as my daughter) because her now husband had beaten him to the point that I had to admit him to the hospital. I have also received threats from that guys family also, but only a beat down, as if they scare me.

So now you know some of my story. If you would be so kind as to let those of us without a LTCH whine and also give kudos to those that have received theirs, we would appreciate it. Try not making a mountain out of an ant hill in the future, or being rude for the heck of it.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sounds like a valid enough reason to have one. I hope it comes soon. But when it comes to the delays it is what it is. A pain in the a$$ and not going to get better soon. I wish you luck and no ill will! If someone beat my boy he had better be affraid! No weapons needed for that kind of Justice. just sayin... Best of luck to you. And you don't need a ltch to protect your self on your own property. Carry it!

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like a valid enough reason to have one. I hope it comes soon. But when it comes to the delays it is what it is. A pain in the a$$ and not going to get better soon. I wish you luck and no ill will! If someone beat my boy he had better be affraid! No weapons needed for that kind of Justice. just sayin... Best of luck to you. And you don't need a ltch to protect your self on your own property. Carry it!

I carry on my property and the church's. and no ill will perceived. Some of us utilize this poor thread to vent our frustrations and to try and keep the spirits up of those still waiting too. It is what it is, yes. But, that doesn't make it any easier to stomach the extended wait.

KCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Oh, and Horsehaulin, kudos on the custodial-dad thing. I'm familiar with those challenges. Takes a lot of courage, even without the additional lunacy you're facing.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you, between the wife and I, we have eight all together. She had four, I had two and we added two more together. Five girls three boys, youngest born 10th of January.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I have been waiting about 7 weeks, not expecting anything soon. In looking at the ISP Firearms Licensing Statistics, it seems in three months they issued 17,250 licenses. That is about 275 per day assuming 21 working days per month. While I am anxious to have my LTCH, I can not say they are doing nothing.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I have been waiting about 7 weeks, not expecting anything soon. In looking at the ISP Firearms Licensing Statistics, it seems in three months they issued 17,250 licenses. That is about 275 per day assuming 21 working days per month. While I am anxious to have my LTCH, I can not say they are doing nothing.

Local news says ISP is getting 4,000 apps per week. If your numbers are correct then I would say that ISP lied when they claimed they brought in temporary help.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Applied for renewal to lifetime (Hendricks County/Avon)

Applied online: 12-Jan-2013
    Fingerprinted by Avon PD, completed app/paid fees: 18-Jan-2013
    Money orders cashed: 23-Jan-2013

Did not go L1 since my current 4 year was good until the end of 2013.
    I'll report back when there is any update.

Kind of crazy that they don't allow you to check the status online these days. I've renewed my 4 year licenses on several occasions without issue, but decided to stop putting money into it every 4 years. At first I wasn't sure how long I'd be in IN, but given that I got here in 94, figured it was time to go lifetime ;)

Received it in the mail today.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wish there was a l2 where you pay aelot more and gets you bumped in line

I don't know about all that, but having a bracket that you pay "x" amount to receive in so many days would be nice.

$20 extra: within 120 days
    $35: within 90 days
    $50: within 60 days
    $75: within 45 days
    $100: within 30 days

That would earn some money and I know I would have paid extra if my local had not screwed up and put me in non-L1 by mistake.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't know about all that, but having a bracket that you pay "x" amount to receive in so many days would be nice.

$20 extra: within 120 days
    $35: within 90 days
    $50: within 60 days
    $75: within 45 days
    $100: within 30 days

That would earn some money and I know I would have paid extra if my local had not screwed up and put me in non-L1 by mistake.

I'm not for that. Apps should be first in/first out and they should be handled according to the law for their processing time. If they can't keep the time stated by law, then the state needs to get additional help.

Paying for priority is not something that should be instituted in this case in my opinion. I'm not an advocate of pay more and you get your exercise your rights sooner. That is a downhill slide.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not for that. Apps should be first in/first out and they should be handled according to the law for their processing time. If they can't keep the time stated by law, then the state needs to get additional help.

Paying for priority is not something that should be instituted in this case in my opinion. I'm not an advocate of pay more and you get your exercise your rights sooner. That is a downhill slide.

I respect your opinion and I see the value of your argument. This would make a great debate in another thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom