• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Not technically helping with the LTCH wait (though I did everything on 1/25/13, L1, Marion County, no record, as previously posted), but I did finally decide to spend the money on a Crossbreed Supertuck and a gun belt yesterday. Which will get here first?!?! :laugh:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    gawd this wait is ridiculous.. I dropped everything for my LTCH off on 11/7/12 .. and since then I have applied for other items and went through multiple government agencies including the FBI and local police.. One was 3 weeks ago .. I applied for my passport book and card and within 3 WEEKS!! I had all of that mailed to me and in hand!!! Also, back on Jan 15th I went to purchase a Glock and got denied, so I filed an appeal, I had to go to a local police station and get PAPER/INK prints done and mail them in along with some old court papers and yesterday I got the notice that my appeal was approved and that I could have the firearm!

So I want to know WTF is so different between appealing a denial and mailing paper/ink prints to the FBI and getting that overturned and having the response mailed to me, all that different from filing for an LTCH?!??

From the day I filled out the 4473 to yesterday when I got the approval letter was less than 3 months and let me remind you I had to send in paper/ink prints for them to verify my identity! so there was no "fast lane" for using L1 prints. And there was the initial 3 day waiting period when I was just delayed then I had to wait another couple days to hear from my FFL that I was dealing with. I then filled out the forms for the appeal online and a week later I had to get the prints done and MAIL them in.

So with the appeal process there is a lot of down time from my side of things. I just think it is crazy that i applied in early NOVEMBER and still haven't heard anything from the ISP! :(
    /rant

Thanks for letting me vent! :)

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You mentioned old court papers? Im sure that why, seemingly, everything you do, takes forever. But I assure you, you are not the only one waiting forever.

Ive never had more than a speeding ticket, and it took 5 months to get my LTCH

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Not technically helping with the LTCH wait (though I did everything on 1/25/13, L1, Marion County, no record, as previously posted), but I did finally decide to spend the money on a Crossbreed Supertuck and a gun belt yesterday. Which will get here first?!?! :laugh:

ISP should put a disclaimer like Supertuck has on their website - "Due to an unprecedented amount of orders, we are unable to provide an exact ship time"

Flaydogg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jul 20, 2010
    Warren
    Mine came today. Non l1 December 18
    A9474948-5DEB-4A33-A73F-2A93D2758B2E-790-00000062757D7FA2_zps70a6c39d.jpg

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Soooo....

I did L1. My wife, daughter, mother, father, and a employee got their LTCH last week. They received theirs a week ago and I still haven't received mine. I applied 2 days before them using the same method. Yes, I have a misdemeanor and I understand it is going to take longer. I emailed ISP several days ago to find out how much longer I can expect it. Still no response.

I bet if I don't pay a ticket or skip out on taxes on time I bet they would respond but wowsers, if they have 60 days to do something and don't do it..... Who gets on to them??

Ok, I feel better now :-)

dbiernesser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bloomington
    Soooo....

I did L1. My wife, daughter, mother, father, and a employee got their LTCH last week. They received theirs a week ago and I still haven't received mine. I applied 2 days before them using the same method. Yes, I have a misdemeanor and I understand it is going to take longer. I emailed ISP several days ago to find out how much longer I can expect it. Still no response.

I bet if I don't pay a ticket or skip out on taxes on time I bet they would respond but wowsers, if they have 60 days to do something and don't do it..... Who gets on to them??

Ok, I feel better now :-)

I am so there with you! When did your family and employee apply? I applied 1/14 L1 just hoping to see where I am. No record :dunno:

RLauer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    On line application - 1/4/13, L1 - 1/9/13, COP - 1/10/13, Received license today - 12 weeks 1 day

de k9thb

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I am so there with you! When did your family and employee apply? I applied 1/14 L1 just hoping to see where I am. No record :dunno:

I filed 1/8/13. They did 1/10/13 so you should get yours in the next few days unless your like me......

It kills me.... I carried for years and years in Alabama but this state can't seem to figure out if I'm a proper person because I went fishing illegally. Yes that's right.... I said fishing is holding up my 2nd ammendment.

Last edited:

dbiernesser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bloomington
    I filed 1/8/13. They did 1/10/13 so you should get yours in the next few days unless your like me......

It kills me.... I carried for years and years in Alabama but this state can't seem to figure out if I'm a proper person because I went fishing illegally. Yes that's right.... I said fishing is holding me up my 2nd ammendment.

WHAT! Wow I am so sorry. Leave it to the government...I feel for you. I hope we are out there carrying soon.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    I am starting to get pissed. Been over 12 weeks for me and NOTHING. Applied online and paid via credit card so no money order to track. L1, no record of any kind. Have emailed ISP twice in the past 3 weeks, no response; I call and call and call and they will NOT answer the phone. I have no idea if they have it, if it is in the que, or what. I am not sure what my next step needs to be.

Evilrandy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Got mine today

October 28 I filled out the application online, did the fingerprints electronically a few days later. Ex-Law Enforcement Officer from California. Born in Indiana and returned about 8 years ago. Clean record. Got my lifetime permit in the mail today. Finally the wait is over. Good luck to those still waiting. All I can say is it will come.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom