• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    For the people posting how long it took to receive your license please specify whether it was the digital prints (L1) or getting fingered at the police station

I'm still waiting, but when I called today I was told " 4 weeks for L1, from the day they receive it", and for the the old way it was "up to 14 weeks"...

That's not right though, because she told me "today, for L1, they started processing apps from 12/03/12" which is 6 weeks ago.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm still waiting, but when I called today I was told " 4 weeks for L1, from the day they receive it", and for the the old way it was "up to 14 weeks"...

That's not right though, because she told me "today, for L1, they started processing apps from 12/03/12" which is 6 weeks ago.

If that was the case, I would have received mine today.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg

I'm not sure how they go about doing the order of them. I filed mine the Nov 26th w/ the L1 and still haven't received it yet. A buddy of mine filed with the L1 the week before me and he received his roughly 2 weeks ago.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    Husband and I filled out the application on Saturday and got fingerprinted at L1 today and have already received notice that they've received it. Here's hoping it goes quickly. We're in Wayne County.

I'll try to remember to update when we receive them.

rogerdt99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    I am in Floyd county. I completed the online application on 1/2/2013 and the soonest I could schedule my L1 fingerprinting was 1/10/2013. As my luck would have it, when I showed up for fingerprinting, the machine was broken. So I rescheduled to be fingerprinted at a different location, Clark County Sheriff's Office, soonest open date was 1/15/2013.

Fingerprints done on 1/15/2013 and since I live in the city limits, I went to the New Albany Police Department to pay my local fee. I took cash with me, but they only accept money order or cashier's check. So after a quick trip to the post office for the money order, I was able to get the local fee paid.

Now it is a waiting game. Was told at the fingerprinting place that the wait time was 5 to 6 weeks. The NAPD did not have offer any advice on wait times. I have a clean record so hopefully the wait will not be too bad. I will update again when the permit arrives.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I applied for mine in Marion County on 11/21/12. Applied the old fashion way and I am still waiting. A friend told me to go the L1 route to get it quicker. I've been without it for the last 27 years.. I can wait another 1-? months.

Firechaser82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    apllied for my lifetime LTCH Dec. 28th and still waiting for it, been told by a few friends I should see it at about the 4 week mark, but we will see with the holidays and what not.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    apllied for my lifetime LTCH Dec. 28th and still waiting for it, been told by a few friends I should see it at about the 4 week mark, but we will see with the holidays and what not.

They're taking longer than they did 90 days ago, for sure! :rolleyes:

Oct. 18 - Lifetime LTC arrived in mailbox-effectively replacing my 4 yr. LTC.
    That was 14 business days-waiting, or 21 days on the calendar (w/ one holiday in the mix-Columbus Day).

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I dropped off my paperwork at the County Jail in Vigo county on the 11th and they told me it would be at least 5 weeks. I just can't believe that it would be that quick with everything that is going on.

egrirw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I got fingerprinted by L1 on Monday December 31st, (paid state fee on the L1 site as well) then paid my local fee on Monday January 7th. (appointment only) The lady at the wabash county sheriffs office told me to expect my lifetime LTCH by early spring. She is processing 13 apps a day! So puts it about mid march, about 8 weeks. I went through L1 because it was all electronic and I was suppose to get my LTCH faster as long as everything checked out. From what everyone is saying, demand is much higher now and the staff at ISP is short handed after budget cuts.

Last edited:

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Applied in November, just got off the phone with ISP, they issued it Jan 11th.

So, about 2 months. Did the Electronic fingerprint method, in Delaware County (Muncie).

Currently in Washington state for work, should have my LIFETIME LTCH in the mail when I get home tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom