• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    Mid August submission for me.. I have not, but WILL BE calling this week to see where in the process I am.. I'll update with my exact submission date, as well as any processing dates I can get.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Is there a place where you can read officially about this?

Let me dig up the IC for you. I'll edit when I find it.

Edit: So that you get the full context, I have quoted a fellow INGOer instead of just pasting the relevant IC.

The first sentance is technically incorrect, the law was reworded do that we do not have to carry it on our person any longer. This change was in July 2011.

He is incorrect. Any LEO in the state can look up your LTCH status with your name, DOB and address.
    ^ This.

And here is the relevant piece of IC that states this:
    IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

Does not specify "carrying the LTCH on or about your person".. jsut that you are licensed.

Last edited:

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I just applied for a duplicate ltch a couple weeks ago. State police told me that in June or July they passed a new law. You no longer need to have the physical ltch on you. Someone may look further into this. When I get pulled over they know I have a ltch. I lost my wallet a couple months ago. Never really worried about it

I am in the same exact boat. Wallet was lost/stolen. Filed paperwork/paid fee to get replacement but of course they don't have a electronic way to get a replacement so it's snail mail only.....been a month or longer for me and haven't seen anything....but it is nice to know that I can carry and be within the law even though I lost the paper copy.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Called again. Was told it should be in sometime next week. Will believe that if I see it before 2014.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I called today and they are working on paper applications from Sept. 4th. My money order was cashed on Sept. 25th so I probably have another month.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Okay, Mine showed up today and here is what I'm seeing.

- Applied L1 & Paid Local PD cash On November 6th

- License issued on November 30th

- License has a postmark date of December 7th and arrives to me on December 10th

So the License was issued a seven days prior to it actually being mailed out? All in all it was still pretty quick.

We are due to close on our new house the 28th, so I'll have to contact them with a change of address already :ugh:

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    Okay, Mine showed up today and here is what I'm seeing.

- Applied L1 & Paid Local PD cash On November 6th

- License issued on November 30th

- License has a postmark date of December 7th and arrives to me on December 10th

So the License was issued a seven days prior to it actually being mailed out? All in all it was still pretty quick.

We are due to close on our new house the 28th, so I'll have to contact them with a change of address already :ugh:

:yesway: Glad you got it

:laugh: already need to amend it

Congrats on the License and the House.

fisherman55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    I applied the end of October. Was told 12 weeks. God I wish I would have gone the other route. People getting permits in 10 days to 2 weeks

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    Fingerprinted at L1 in Muncie yesterday. Applied at local PD (New Castle) this morning. Clerk said I should see it in about a week. Based on what I've read here, I won't get my hopes up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom