• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well everybody got me wondering about the "check cashing" date. So I called bank and got the info. I mailed mine in on 03/02 and the check was cashed on 03/06. Four days from mailing until they cashed. I would say that is reasonable. Mine is a renewal and I applied for lifetime. Also have been in same house/address for the past 20 years. Shouldn't be too awful long now.

Your comment about living in the same place for 20 years made me think. I lived in Michigan for 2 years. If they have to wait on Michigan for a background check, I may not get my LTCH till Christmas :nailbite: :xmad:

I used to work in Employment Verifications, and Michigan was notoriously slow in responding to background checks.

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I mailed mine off on March 4. They received it on March 9. Maybe mine will arrive this week as well. Got my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

stuarteggers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I filled mine out at the morgan county sheriff dept mar 3rd and got it in the mail today................

that is stinking sweet. you have given me hope, i mailed mine out from that same sheriffs dept 2 days after you did. i will have my fingers crossed and hope that i get it tomorrow before i leave for work.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I applied on the 18th.

Are you guys tracking the cash date through the ISP or wherever you bought it from? I have to go to my bank to do it with mine.

I also had to go to my bank to check the cashed date.
    and you guys are killing me now with all these march recipients. :rockwoot:I think I'll go stand by the box :popcorn:

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I also had to go to my bank to check the cashed date.
    and you guys are killing me now with all these march recipients. :rockwoot:I think I'll go stand by the box :popcorn:
    I had my fingerprints taken at the Mishawaka PD on Feb 17. They told me to come back and pick up my stuff in 2 weeks. When I picked up my paperwork, I found that my application was approved on Feb 18 so it was just sitting there for 2 weeks. If I would have checked back at the PD the next day, I probably would have mine by now.

Oh well. I've waited this long. Another week or two won't kill me. It would just be nice to get it.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I had my fingerprints taken at the Mishawaka PD on Feb 17. They told me to come back and pick up my stuff in 2 weeks. When I picked up my paperwork, I found that my application was approved on Feb 18 so it was just sitting there for 2 weeks. If I would have checked back at the PD the next day, I probably would have mine by now.

Oh well. I've waited this long. Another week or two won't kill me. It would just be nice to get it.
    Your preaching to the quire here. Same thing for me I took it in on the Feb.26th when I arrived 14 days later like they told me, I found that mine had been done on the 26th, the very same day :n00b:
    did you send it to ISP the day you got it back?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So, you had to go to your local PD to get printed, then pick up those forms from the PD and mail it all off to ISP yourself? I went to Beech Grove, and they said they did all of that, and there was nothing I needed to do after getting printed.

Why is it done differently in different areas?

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Your preaching to the quire here. Same thing for me I took it in on the Feb.26th when I arrived 14 days later like they told me, I found that mine had been done on the 26th, the very same day :n00b:
    did you send it to ISP the day you got it back?

I got it back on March 3rd. I mailed it Certified mail late in the afternoon of March 4. The ISP signed for it on Monday March 9TH.

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    So, you had to go to your local PD to get printed, then pick up those forms from the PD and mail it all off to ISP yourself? I went to Beech Grove, and they said they did all of that, and there was nothing I needed to do after getting printed.

Why is it done differently in different areas?
    I'm not sure. I guess it is up to the Local police Dept whether or not they want to do it. For 50 bucks you would think they would.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom