• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    When I renewed my LTCH I went the L1 online route. The fingerprints were done at a Pack Mail in Fishers. From my area of residence the gal told me since I live in Carmel I had to go to the Carmel police department to be personally interviewed by the Carmel Police Chief. Well first of all I live just outside of the Carmel town or city limits but in Hamilton county so I go to the Sherriff’s office for paper work. Anyway, back to the interview part. She stated Carmel residents have to sit down at a scheduled one on one interview with the Carmel Police Chief to discuss why they think they need a LTCH. And that the Police Chief makes the final decision if the permit will be issued. She also stated the woman who schedules the interviews for the Chief said she is backed up almost three months for a interview date. Not sure if the Pack Post gal was out of her mind but that sounds crazy. Anyone from the Carmel jurisdiction have a comment?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When I renewed my LTCH I went the L1 online route. The fingerprints were done at a Pack Mail in Fishers. From my area of residence the gal told me since I live in Carmel I had to go to the Carmel police department to be personally interviewed by the Carmel Police Chief. Well first of all I live just outside of the Carmel town or city limits but in Hamilton county so I go to the Sherriff’s office for paper work. Anyway, back to the interview part. She stated Carmel residents have to sit down at a scheduled one on one interview with the Carmel Police Chief to discuss why they think they need a LTCH. And that the Police Chief makes the final decision if the permit will be issued. She also stated the woman who schedules the interviews for the Chief said she is backed up almost three months for a interview date. Not sure if the Pack Post gal was out of her mind but that sounds crazy. Anyone from the Carmel jurisdiction have a comment?

That is absolutely absurd and illegal. Indiana is a "Shall Issue" state and the law is very clear on the process. :dunno:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    That is absolutely absurd and illegal. Indiana is a "Shall Issue" state and the law is very clear on the process. :dunno:

I know, that is why I am asking anyone with a Carmel mailing address if they had to sit down with the Chief for an interview when they applied for a LTCH to verify what I was told.

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    Sent in my application and have my L1 appt next Friday. I have one local, but they are only in on Fridays and this week is an obvious NO. Hopefully all goes well. Went the lifetime route... seems to be the only way in my eyes.

Maxamillion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Carmel?

Go back to page 360, post #3591. Try to PM that INGO member about the interview...

I do live in Carmel but did not have to interview with the Chief of police due to the fact that I had previously had a ltch which had expired some time ago.
    My wife was getting her first ltch at the same time and did have to meet with the Chief. It was with another applicant as well and took about five minutes. She said it would be better described as a review of the places that you could and couldn't carry and a chance to ask any questions that you may have.

Maxamillion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    By the way my wife called on a thursday and had her appointment on the next tuesday. The Carmel PD sends paperwork to ISP once a week.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I do live in Carmel but did not have to interview with the Chief of police due to the fact that I had previously had a ltch which had expired some time ago.
    My wife was getting her first ltch at the same time and did have to meet with the Chief. It was with another applicant as well and took about five minutes. She said it would be better described as a review of the places that you could and couldn't carry and a chance to ask any questions that you may have.

Max, thanks for the reply to my post/question. Not as bad as the story was first relayed to me by the Pak Mail employee. No lengthy wait for the interview appointment?

Edit, just saw your timeline in the post above.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    16 Weeks and counting...

16+ Weeks so far with the method of submitting the online app, then going downtown, giving the application number and getting fingerprinted. Then gave the money orders and was done. Not sure if that is considered the "long/mail-in" method or not.

Anyway....

I'm not native to Indiana, and been arrested once a few years back but never convicted of anything, not even a ticket. I suspect they are checking into my background a bit with that and being from Iowa but moved to Indy from Texas - lol.....

Still seems like an awfully long time to wait regardless.... Figuratively speaking - what happens when I need protection but couldn't have it because I was still waiting to get my license in order to abide by the laws for carrying a handgun?
    :ar15: :dunno:

:twocents:

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    My wife and I applied at the same time, got the L1 digital prints. She got her LTCH 10 days later. 8 Weeks later I still have not heard anything.

I reported an old DUI from Missouri, it is over 20 years old, I don't think they even have record of it anymore, at least when I run a Background check on myself nothing comes up.

I called and listened to the recording saying if they had to verify something, they would not issue without paperwork, what if there is no paperwork?

UPDATE: Received my LTCH on 2/8/13. Applied 9/24/12.
    19 weeks total ;)

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    My wife and I applied at the same time, got the L1 digital prints. She got her LTCH 10 days later. 8 Weeks later I still have not heard anything.

I reported an old DUI from Missouri, it is over 20 years old, I don't think they even have record of it anymore, at least when I run a Background check on myself nothing comes up.

I called and listened to the recording saying if they had to verify something, they would not issue without paperwork, what if there is no paperwork?

Does anyone know a way I can speed this up? :)

You won't need to give them paperwork on the DUI, as it does not prevent you from being deemed a proper person according to statute. The only advice I can give you is to call them up and ask them what's going on.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Called again today because I'm so impatient. It has been 14 weeks and the lady said they are still processing mine. Like I said before I was arrested for owi 3 years ago. I expected delays but jeez.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom