• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    Applied for two weeks ago... Got it on Monday! Now the biggest decision that has to be made is - where do I get it laminated? This license, in my opinion, is more important than anything in my wallet. So to send it as a very thin piece of paper - that has a in bold note that lamination recommend confounds me... This should be made like our drivers lincense with one exception - I should be able to smile for this picture!

Lunatic5oh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Applied for two weeks ago... Got it on Monday! Now the biggest decision that has to be made is - where do I get it laminated? This license, in my opinion, is more important than anything in my wallet. So to send it as a very thin piece of paper - that has a in bold note that lamination recommend confounds me... This should be made like our drivers lincense with one exception - I should be able to smile for this picture!

Did you go the L1 route? Sorry if stated in a previous post.

Also, I 100% agree... LTCH ID card should be a photo ID in my opinion. Just seems sort of archaic to tote around a piece of pink paper that if not laminated could be destroyed by your spilled coffee. LoL

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    Did you go the L1 route? Sorry if stated in a previous post.

Also, I 100% agree... LTCH ID card should be a photo ID in my opinion. Just seems sort of archaic to tote around a piece of pink paper that if not laminated could be destroyed by your spilled coffee. LoL

Jerry, did you already apply? If not, don't even hesitate to pay the $10 for L1. I got mine in about a week after I get fingerprinted and paid the local fees downtown.

It's been discussed ad nauseum here but... I made a few copies of mine and laminated them all. One in my wallet, one in the safe, one in a range bag, one in the freezer, one buried in the yard....

From what I've read on here an heard from others, it's not even really necessary to have it on your person anymore. You're "in the system" once your application is complete and you receive your LTCH.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    If this helps you any I sent mine in on the 17 also and after calling was told it went out tuesday. They said its a 8 week turn around after your MO is cashed....you should get it soon.

I submitted by paper method downtown on July 13th. Still waiting...I haven't called due to the fact that I have been following on here, but I am starting to wonder...

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South

Better watch it. I've had someone else laminate a lifetime license in the past-when the machine was not warmed up.

First, I said, "this is a lifetime license and I don't want this messed up." He inserted it-before the machine was hot. As a result, it came out cloudy in appearance.

The noob said, "Oh, it must not have been warmed up!"

I was kinda angry. You gotta keep that sense of humor intact. :D

Last edited:

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    I would probably call. Ever been arrested?

I will call...hours/number anyone? I believe the real delay for me is that I am not an Indiana native.
    Aside from a minor paraphernalia run-in about 8 years ago(which I did include on my app)...I know I am clean, but I have been arrested for the thrill of small town police in a town in TX. Long story really but there was no outcome as the case was dropped due to falsified evidence by the police. I was never convicted of anything or ticketed or anything at all, just stayed overnight in jail - I was rather irate. My ID has been ran by police since, as well as renewed in the stated of IN from TX so....I am not really concerned about that minor mishap. - Oh, not to mention I bought my Glock 22 here in Indiana last year... :boxing::ingo:

Lunatic5oh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    If this helps you any I sent mine in on the 17 also and after calling was told it went out tuesday. They said its a 8 week turn around after your MO is cashed....you should get it soon.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully mine is close behind yours as I have no bad marks whatsoever. :rockwoot:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I will call...hours/number anyone? I believe the real delay for me is that I am not an Indiana native.
    Aside from a minor paraphernalia run-in about 8 years ago(which I did include on my app)...I know I am clean, but I have been arrested for the thrill of small town police in a town in TX. Long story really but there was no outcome as the case was dropped due to falsified evidence by the police. I was never convicted of anything or ticketed or anything at all, just stayed overnight in jail - I was rather irate. My ID has been ran by police since, as well as renewed in the stated of IN from TX so....I am not really concerned about that minor mishap. - Oh, not to mention I bought my Glock 22 here in Indiana last year... :boxing::ingo:

State Police Firearms Desk: 317-233-5054

Doesn't matter for what, if you've EVER been arrested for anything regardless of conviction, receiving your LTCH will be delayed exponentially. I applied on September 17th WITH L1 and I'm still waiting.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../240533-ltch_application_double_jeopardy.html

Judy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    My license expires 12-11-12 and I just applied at Madison Co. yesterday and my question is can I continue to carry even if I don't get my new license before the old one expires. I did it the old way.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My license expires 12-11-12 and I just applied at Madison Co. yesterday and my question is can I continue to carry even if I don't get my new license before the old one expires. I did it the old way.

This is from the FAQ, hope it helps..

My license expired two months ago, but I reapplied for a new license yesterday. Can I still carry my gun?
    No. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon. You'll need to carry your application receipt along with your license until the renewal arrives. If you reapply after the license expired, (even if it's within 30 days), even the receipt does not allow you to carry legally. You must wait until your new license arrives.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I will call...hours/number anyone?

317-232-8264
    This number has a recording you can listen to and some other numbers you can call. In a nutshell if you call the phone number on the back of your MO stub and find out when it was cashed, you then add 8 weeks to that date. That is appoximate assuming everything is good to go and the paperwork was filled out correctly.

L1 filers I believe are seeing 5 to 10 day turnaround if there are no issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom