• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrSilkySheets

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Can anyone out there answer me this? I sent my application by mail on July 17. I did everything on paper because I didn't know L1 existed. Could I, right now, go to the local L1 office and pay just the electronic fee (since I've already paid state and local) for my fingerprints to be expedited?

any confirmation on this?

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    I wasn't aware of the online application and did the old school cops and paper and stamps and such. I applied on 8/5 and rec'd on 10/13. I packed my ungainly app form and expired lic. in my wallet for a month.

Completely worth it. If I live forever, this license will save me infinity dollars.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Applied 8/6 and still nothing....tried to call today when I got home, and the ISP office closes at 4:00pm wtf? Those poor people at the ISP must not get a lunch since they're only open 8-4 :rolleyes:

elowef150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Finally got mine 7/27/12-10/15/12... So 80 days in all. pretty horrible time frame especially since I did mine through L1.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Yes! My pinkslip came in the mail today. :D. 9/27/2012 to 10/16/2012, went the L1 route.

Dumb question: Why dont they make these like a drivers license or credit card, instead of a piece of paper? Seems a bit archaic.

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Last Spring I applied for mine on a Monday and got it the following Monday. Eight days. I live in Marion County and was well satisfied with the amount of time it took.

My wife just received hers yesterday after a two week wait. Of course the Columbus Day holiday was in there. Not too bad. She was also impressed with the IMPD people who fingerprinted her. She told me that she even complimented the lady on how efficient and professional she was.

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    any confirmation on this?

Can anyone out there answer me this? I sent my application by mail on July 17. I did everything on paper because I didn't know L1 existed. Could I, right now, go to the local L1 office and pay just the electronic fee (since I've already paid state and local) for my fingerprints to be expedited?

You would be charged something like $85.95, which includes the state fee. There is no way around this, I tried. ISP will refund your original payment after about 15 weeks if you choose to do this.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    got mine in six weeks...........paper route no less

Like I said, this is what the State Police told me when I called about my 5-week (still pending) L1 app. I'm not sure of your arrest record or the time frame in which you have applied.

You may have applied 3 years ago and there may have been different actions taken. There also may have been a larger staff processing apps.

They are now processing apps for August 2012.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Like I said, this is what the State Police told me when I called about my 5-week (still pending) L1 app. I'm not sure of your arrest record or the time frame in which you have applied.

You may have applied 3 years ago and there may have been different actions taken. There also may have been a larger staff processing apps.

They are now processing apps for August 2012.

I know a buddy with the exact same arrest history as myself got his in 8 days last year.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    L1 is quick!

Sept. 27 - Paperwork completed at Evansville PD
    Oct. 18 - Lifetime LTC arrived in mailbox-effectively replacing my 4 yr. LTC.

That's 14 business days later, and 21 days on the calendar (w/ Columbus Day).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom