• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indyhrlyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I think it is alot quicker if you have a four year that hasn
    t expired. Maybe as little as two or three weeks. I,ve had my lifetime since for about 4 years.

Does anyone know if you have to update the lifetime permit if you change your address?

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Somewhat in accurate time stamp. I dropped my form in the mail today. Should be on the way tomorrow at 4:15 at the next mailbox pickup. I did it the slow way. I was fingerprinted and everything Tuesday at county.

Btw, good note to add. My 4 year expired a while back. The guy at county looked it up. So my application has my old number on it I believe.

-JD-

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Online app and L1 fingerprints. Had my lifetime permit in less than three weeks. Would probably have been two if I had gotten into the local PD immediately after they called me to let me know by background check was through.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    When I visited my local PD after my L-1 apointment, they stamped and signed a copy of my application, then handed it to me in a Manila envelope per-addressed to ISP Firearms Div. I had to take that to the PO and mail it myself. All fees were paid.

Why? Who knows? My PD wasn't very clear or informative on procedure. I think I'd better call ISP tomorrow and find out the status of my application.

You didn't pay the $75 state fee online with a card I would guess. You probably filled out the form online, went to the L1 site, made an appt to get printed, went to the local cop shop and because the state part had not been taken care of prior they handed it to you because it still had to be taken care of. Just speculating.

Other than that it's probably just something that is discretionary, and therefore the process varies from city to county....

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Went ahead and called the ISP myself and was told 3-5 days using L-1. Because of a background issue (yes, I knew this and expected it anyways) its gonna take longer, but it won't bar me from getting it. Was basically told it was a waiting game and they have no idea how long it'll take now...Couldn't give me any kind of estimation or whether it would be another couple weeks or months or whatever either. I guess we'll see. Was hoping to see it within the next couple weeks though. When/if it does come in I'll probably post details and all that here just to give others in my position an idea of what to expect.

Evvasto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    SouthWest of Indy
    G/F= LTCH ++ Mooresville Police Department

So my gf finally decided to get her LTCH. So I helped her set up for the L1 - well use to be L1 not sure what the name of it is now. She had that taken care of and we had a few things in the family happen so it took her a while to get to the police station.
    Finally she got around to doing that yesterday. So I took her up there , and she was in there for several minutes so I was getting out of the car when she finally came out. I asked " what took so long ? " ( I was only in there 10mins tops ) . She said it didn't take long to do what she needed but she ran into a police officer that does security where she works.

I said oh yeah ! He asked what she was doing and she told him turning in her stuff for her LTCH. He asked if there was something going on that he needed to know about . Of course she told him no and that I carried and she wanted to be able too.

He commended her for wanting to carry and said he thinks people that can legally carry should do so.

I thought that was pretty cool !

+ Mooresville Police Department ! :yesway:

Update : She submitted local PD on 5/4 and received hers Today, so 1 week and she got it back......

Last edited:

Magolin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    I just applied for, and received, my LTCH. All told, it took about five weeks. However, some of that was due to my inability to get downtown (I live in Marion county). I used L-1, got printed, life happened and I didn't make it downtown for about three weeks. When I finally did get downtown, it was very easy, took about 45 minutes to walk two blocks, get through security, fill out one last form, pay, get a couple more prints and walk back to my car. My license came in the mail a week later.

I would definitely recommend L-1 to anyone. The people who were there to do the whole thing downtown had obviously been there a while, got printed with ink and still had more waiting to do after being printed.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Update on me: 4/24/12 finished submitting everything (did the L-1 option)
    Issued date is 5/4/2012 and received it today on 5/9/2012. Took a little longer due to background issue. OWI in March of last year. Actually still on probation for another month. Took a little longer than 3-5 days because of that, but still not nearly as long as I was expecting. So just over two weeks with background issue. Just thought I'd share just in case there might be someone else in my situation looking for info.

msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    WOW!!!! I did my fingerprints for IN state electronically on Friday 5/4, submitted and signed my local paperwork on Tuesday 5/8, and received my Lifetime LTCH TODAY (5/10)!!!!! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Got mine in six days. Took me three more days to do all my payments, finger printing and what not. But from the time I paid my local sheriffs office it was a six day wait. Went with l1 finger printing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom