• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Wow..... I applied online went to L-1 the next day, went to the city county building to finalize my application and pay my local fee and received mine in the mail exactly 6 days after my trip to the city county building.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    14 Jun 2011 went to L-1 completed finger prints then went straight to my local sherrif dept completed ans submitted paperwork with them online. 23 Jun 2011 LTCH arrived in the mail.

mdwyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    7 days

I applied for the lifetime license about 2 months ago after my four year expired. I paid the extra fee online to electronically submit my fingerprints and had it in the mail in 7 days.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Went to the Sheriff office lunchtime, Wed 6/22 received in the 9am mail drop Fri 7/1 9 days/7business days fits within the projected 7-10 days they said.

Would have filled it out online if I knew it meant no stop at their office, but the whole thing took less than 20min including the drive down the street for L1.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Went to L1 on 6/15 then directly to the Sheriff's dept and finished there that day, on 6/20 I got an email from the ISP INkless Completion Notification, and today 7/5 received my licence in the mail. Though it seemed to take forever it wasn't really that long considering the holiday and all. :rockwoot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I thought so to, but when I get ready to finish the process it wants to charge me 89 bucks, is the including local fees or something?

OK, I found this post, maybe this will help..

I just recently applied online. There is a huge advantage to applying online! The process goes as follows.
    1. Fill out your application online and pay you state fee of $75 for lifetime +$10.95 extra for online fee (definately worth the extra money).
    2. Schedule an appointment with an L1 fingerprint site.
    3. Go to your appointment and get fingerprinted.
    4. Take the confirmation sheet that L1 gives you to your local PD station to pay your local fee.
    -As for your question of what happens at the local PD. It seems like it depends on what your local PD makes you do. I myself didn't have to do fingerprints at Highland's Police Department. All I had to do was go over my online app to make sure all my info was correct and gave them their $50 for local fee. Then they took me downstairs to take pictures for their records. And then I had to have a quick 2minute interview with chief of police and all he asks is "Why do you want your LTCH". Thats it. I got my permit within a weeks time! It's definately worth applying online.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Forgot to update earlier. Got mine the end of last week. So almost 2 months to the day, using the "old way".

Highly recomend L1 to anyone going for a licence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom