• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    Got my permit in the mail yesterday. 7 days from the day it was submitted at the sheriffs office. used L1. worth every penny! says it was issued on the 7th.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    April 13th and received June 10th. No calendar in front of me but I believe that is 8 weeks and 2 days.

Woohoo. Finally. Now there is no need t call my brother just so I can go to the range.

NoWareMan9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I submitted mine on 4/21/11

I'm still waiting...... :rolleyes:

I did call the State police Firearms licensing # at 317-233-5054 - They told me it was issued on the 10th, so I should see it in the mail ANY day now!

They also told me that are running a pretty solid 8 weeks.... and they are not kidding. L1 is the way to go if your in a hurry!

Last edited:

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hi everybody!

I submitted my LTCH application by mail back at the end of January and just lost track of time as I was expecting it to take a while. (Fingerprinted at the local PD instead of L1, realize in retrospect that was a mistake.) Just realized a while back that it's been over twice the 60 day time period I was advised about by the IN State Police at the time of application and wrote them via their website 2 weeks ago asking what the status of my application was. No reply as of yet.

I was actually originally going to post here asking for advice about whether I should try writing them again or if there was a phone number I could call, but NoWareMan9 just answered that for me. (Thanks for the number, by the way.) I'll probably call them tomorrow unless someone has a better idea.

NoWareMan9 wrote:
    L1 is the way to go if your in a hurry!
    To anyone getting ready to apply for their LTCH, listen to this!

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Did l1 online and had my fingerprints taken. A few days later I went to the sheriffs office to pay the local fee and it was on a saturday. Only took 10 days after paying the local fee and it was in my mailbox. Definitely do l1 its worth the extra 10 bucks

DtK_PhAnToM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Roanoke, IN
    I did mine online and did the electronic fingerprinting and it was exactly 7 days after i paid my local fees at the sheriffs station that i recieved it in the mail. I agree that its worth the extra 10 bucks. Now i am just trying to figure out how a reguar piece of printer paper is supposed to last a lifetime.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Make several copies of it, and put them away in a safe place. $20 bucks to replace it once, for that you could make enough copies to last until your great grand kids are having grand babies.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    When I reupped my permit last year, from 4 yr to lifetime, it took what I have always considered 'normal' time: about 6 wks.

beuliss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Applied for mine on 6/13, did L1 and made my payments 6/14. Just called ISP and they say its 'unresolved'. So in other words they haven't processed it. Not sure how long it will take now :( They do tell you they have alot of apps to process currently, but I'm not sure by reading previous posts what the deal is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom