• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dracconix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    I called the ISP today... friday will be 6 weeks for me since it was done. My money order has not yet been cashed, and they told me at the ISP that it's 6 weeks from when the MO is cashed...

Holy Crap... taking way too long. My Glock needs me...

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Just over 7 weeks for the old man down the road, from mailbox to mailbox.. his came in today..

He wants to know when we're going shooting now :)

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I received mine in four weeks back several months ago,,, My wife's took about 7 weeks, she received it about 2 weeks ago. I think there has been a surge in lifetime Right to Carry permits,,,, but then again you are dealing with a department that has no quotas on getting work out,,, only on how many tickets they process,,,, well, they say they don't have any quotas.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I made my lifetime permit application on November 7th. I checked with the bank 4 weeks later and found out my MO had not been cashed. I checked December 10th and my MO had been cashed but the bank could not or would not tell me when.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My brother-in-law is with the ISP. He checked on my application today. He was told the ISP is swamped with applications. The Officer In Charge will check where I am on the list. I should know something tomorow or the day after. I hope. I already knew they were backed up big time.

For those of us who waited until November or later to apply will need to be cool and wait for our time on the list of many applicants.

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    called today. i am now "in the system" and was told to expect it before Dec 31st. was sent out 11-3. MO cashed 11-6. will make a nice Christmas present from the state if I get it before the 25th.

Dracconix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Well it finally made it. Sent in on 10/31... arrived today. Boy it felt good to carry tonight when I went out.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Oh wow...I just sent in my paperwork Thursday (12/18). Guess I should not expect it to be here before February! That's disappointing :( Oh well it'll get here when it gets here!

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Just an update.....I talked to a very nice lady at ISP about 5 minutes ago. She said processing times are about 8 weeks from the date your money order gets cashed, till your permit shows up. I'm hoping she was over-estimating. Mailed my stuff in on 11/12, they cashed my MO on the 17th......oh well.......:coffee:

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Don't use postal service money order if you want status

Don't use postal service money order if you want status of your money order being cashed. I did and if I want to check status I can go to the post office fill out a form, pay 5 dollars and wait up to 60 days for a status. :xmad:

can I call the state for status of my permit or will just get "it will take 8 week" form response?

357Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mailed on Oct 17, still waiting. Used USPS money ordwer so who knows. Lady at ISP said "in process".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom