• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    "I talked with the Supervisor he told me they do approximately 600 APPS a day around 400 pass and around 200 denied . He told me that since 2006 things have been crazy ."

17,000 processed in 2008 with about 330,000 total issued. According to the online site only about 2% are rejected..

after reviewing other sites...ignore those numbers...sorry.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Been on vacation the last couple of days. I made a comment to the wife that I'm gonna be po'd if they arrived while we were gone. She said "of course they will, you're not there to be waiting on them."

77 days, no license. 17 days and a half an hour of BROKEN INDIANA LAW.

I contacted the lady at my state senators office again, she still hadn't heard from the legislative liaison for the ISP. She put another message to them after I reminded her and she was hoping to hear back by end of day, but that's been three days. I haven't heard from my state representative's office since I e-mailed them, looks like they're going to get another e-mail with a smidge more venom for not contacting a constituent. Congrats to those of you who've gotten yours, enjoy your 2A freedoms. I'm still fighting for mine.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I have spoken to at least three so far.

There is no way they are processing 150,000 apps per year. I doubt they were in the days of "President Elect" Obama, much less now.

Any word yet, Jdub? Nothing here yet, hope noon today is it!!

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    "I talked with the Supervisor he told me they do approximately 600 APPS a day around 400 pass and around 200 denied . He told me that since 2006 things have been crazy ."

17,000 processed in 2008 with about 330,000 total issued. According to the online site only about 2% are rejected..

after reviewing other sites...ignore those numbers...sorry.

What he means by denied may not be the same thing as rejected. I would not at all be surprised if they had to send 1/3 of the requests back to the applicant for corrections. It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is for some people to fill out simple forms correctly.

I am certainly not defending the numbers they claim to process. They seem very high.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I can now honestly say that I have joined the citizens of this state and nation having bought into my right to carry a handgun. My little pink piece of freedom has finally arrived. I'm happy that I finally can carry without being a felon. However, I'm still upset that the state police were breaking the law for 18 days.

I still will follow up with my state legislators. I am still honked off at the process and want it to be fixed. Looks like Office Max deserves a visit this evening.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Nothing today. A touch disappointed that I wont have it this weekend, but its not to bad. Hopefully I will get it Monday, or the mail will come early Tuesday (we normally get it around 10am, hasnt been coming till 4pm the past few days). I will be on the go starting Tuesday, it would nice to be able to carry before traveling.

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Ya know I don't I don't think anyone has checked the mail since I got my permit. They all got used to me running to the mailbox every day with hopes of a pink piece of paper in there. :)

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wife filled out the online stuff at Application for Handgun License on April 10th, then went to the local PD to pay fees and get fingerprints done on April 12th. It finally got to the State Police on April 26th and the money orders were cashed.

She just received her LTCH today, July 31st. 110 days - damn close to 4 months total. :xmad:

This is the speed at which government works.

Earl Sinclair

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quickest LTCH Ever!

Applied on-line on Thursday July 8. Followed the link to set an appointment for E-prints on the 13th. Paid the State and for the e-prints on-line on the 8th. Did the E-prints on the Tuesday the 13th and paid the Sheriff (cash) the same day, on my lunch hour. Pulled my permit out of the mailbox on Saturday the 17th! According to the nice people at the state police and the Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff, the on-line application combined with E-prints is the key to a quick turnaround. Paper forms of either type = very slow response, because the state police are simply too understaffed to process the volume of paper applications.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Applied on-line on Thursday July 8. Followed the link to set an appointment for E-prints on the 13th. Paid the State and for the e-prints on-line on the 8th. Did the E-prints on the Tuesday the 13th and paid the Sheriff (cash) the same day, on my lunch hour. Pulled my permit out of the mailbox on Saturday the 17th! According to the nice people at the state police and the Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff, the on-line application combined with E-prints is the key to a quick turnaround. Paper forms of either type = very slow response, because the state police are simply too understaffed to process the volume of paper applications.

Even though its state law, they are still to slow. We know. Thankfully we just discovered that you can convert to L1 (electronic prints) if you are willing to pay again and wait for a refund. Good news to all of us that made the mistake of doing paper.

Congrats on your pink paper, stay safe! :patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom