Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Applied 7-5
    Issued 8-8
    Received 8-12

I must admit I was prepared to wait until November, so very happily surprised.

I am happy for you but seriously how can it be so different for so many

I've said it before and I'll say it again for those that haven't been hanging around this thread for the better part of a year - It makes no difference when you applied, when you did L1, or when you paid your local. All that matters is when your LOCAL transmitted your app. If they held it for whatever reason, or lost it, your wait time is based on that. If you have any, ANY, arrest record, dismissed, probation, suspended, whatever - be prepared for a 6 month wait. How far back your arrest goes makes no difference. 30 -40 years, they will find it. And if you have a conviction and didn't declare it on your app, be prepared to be denied.

All the above based on empirical data.

Happy waiting ........:popcorn:

sk842018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    southern
    Mailed my application march 1st, used express shipping with tracking(fingerprint card, wanted make sure reckeved it) they received march 2nd. I called today and asked lady status. Was told processing, she said processing started on mine July 9th, she also said any arrests at all can extend the time. Wondering if anyone has experienced this long? My sisters was received Feb 1st and hers was in mailbox July 5th. I had mistomenor for droving while suspended, wondering gkw long they process them.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Mailed my application march 1st, used express shipping with tracking(fingerprint card, wanted make sure reckeved it) they received march 2nd. I called today and asked lady status. Was told processing, she said processing started on mine July 9th, she also said any arrests at all can extend the time. Wondering if anyone has experienced this long? My sisters was received Feb 1st and hers was in mailbox July 5th. I had mistomenor for droving while suspended, wondering gkw long they process them.

Read my post above. Your arrest will add to your processing time. How long ? It depends on how quickly the arresting agency reports the disposition of you case.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    I've said it before and I'll say it again for those that haven't been hanging around this thread for the better part of a year - It makes no difference when you applied, when you did L1, or when you paid your local. All that matters is when your LOCAL transmitted your app. If they held it for whatever reason, or lost it, your wait time is based on that. If you have any, ANY, arrest record, dismissed, probation, suspended, whatever - be prepared for a 6 month wait. How far back your arrest goes makes no difference. 30 -40 years, they will find it. And if you have a conviction and didn't declare it on your app, be prepared to be denied.

All the above based on empirical data.

Happy waiting ........:popcorn:
    Thank you. I feel like I say it all the time...can these people not read?

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    On the other hand. Guy at work applied 2 months ago and got his this weekend..aaaaaaaand I did not. So quit calling and tying up the shiz when there's people like me waiting..read my Sig.
    I've called and emailed isp and gone to local pd to still be sitting.some peoplejust get lucky and get to wait longer!. Sit back and enjoy your popcorn.

I about to start carrying my Mp15

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    On the other hand. Guy at work applied 2 months ago and got his this weekend..aaaaaaaand I did not. So quit calling and tying up the shiz when there's people like me waiting..read my Sig.
    I've called and emailed isp and gone to local pd to still be sitting.some peoplejust get lucky and get to wait longer!. Sit back and enjoy your popcorn.

I about to start carrying my Mp15

I feel for you. I know that some have applied after me and have gotten theirs already.

Don't carry if you don't have it yet. If you do and are caught, don't expect to carry legally for a long time. Maybe forever.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    I feel for you. I know that some have applied after me and have gotten theirs already.

Don't carry if you don't have it yet. If you do and are caught, don't expect to carry legally for a long time. Maybe forever.[/QUOT

Mp15 is a long gun. Don't think there's laws agains long guns. Ya know. Shotgun rifles?

togden812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Osgood
    Holy cow that was fast! Was it a renewal? First time applying? Whats the story? Is your Daddy a cop and your cousin a sheriff and your stint with the army paid off, or you just lucky? :P

First time, I got the lifetime license. I guess I was just lucky. I figured it would take a while, being as I am in Marion County. I was in the Marine Corp and have had a background check done there before, for a school/teaching class. Maybe one of those helped?

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope everyone gets theirs soon.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis

Don't carry if you don't have it yet. If you do and are caught, don't expect to carry legally for a long time. Maybe forever.[/QUOT

Mp15 is a long gun. Don't think there's laws agains long guns. Ya know. Shotgun rifles?

I have just started throwing the ar over my shoulder when I run errands...

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I have just started throwing the ar over my shoulder when I run errands...

The best form of open carry, I suppose... Haha. I wouldn't do it, but if I saw you at Wal-Mart in the checkout line before me buying milk, eggs, bread, meat and general groceries I'd figure you're a sane man that's not about to go on a rampage and I'd shake your hand. If I saw you buying ammo, gas cans, ski masks and bleach... well... maybe not.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

My mistake. Someone on here a few pages ago said they were gonna start carrying anyway

k201

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    New to the forum but been visiting for some time. Have been waiting 16 weeks or so for my 4 yr LTCH. No criminal history at all, not sure what's going on. Should I contact Marion County or ISP first? Of course I sent an e-mail yesterday and no reply, go figure.

MO cashed and fingerprints 4/20
    paid local fees at the county building 5/2

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    New to the forum but been visiting for some time. Have been waiting 16 weeks or so for my 4 yr LTCH. No criminal history at all, not sure what's going on. Should I contact Marion County or ISP first? Of course I sent an e-mail yesterday and no reply, go figure.

Just keep waiting...see previous posts. People that applied back in January and Feb are still waiting on theirs as well....

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

:welcome:

You're probably close. IMPD has been one of the quicker agencies to transmit apps to ISP.

Did you do paper prints, or electronic ?

k201

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    :welcome:

You're probably close. IMPD has been one of the quicker agencies to transmit apps to ISP.

Did you do paper prints, or electronic ?

Everything electronic. I called firearms section at IMPD but they are closed on Tuesdays. Hopefully someone will be able to let me know whats going on or at least give me a better time frame. I was prepared to wait the 11-14 weeks but now I'm just getting inpatient.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    That's probably the safe way to go. I had heard that you aren't required to even carry it on your person anymore though, didn't know if that was hearsay or not.

You are not required to have the LTCH on your person but it wouldn't hurt to memorize the license number just in case there was ever an issue with police trying to verify.

You do what you want, but I have a couple of relatives that are LEO's and they told me that if they pull you and you have a handgun and no permit on you (yes, I know it's called an LTCH), it's going to be a bad traffic stop for you. You'll most likely get pulled from your car, put in handcuffs, probably put in the officer's unit for "Officer safety".

What could be a routine traffic stop and a simple ticket or warning, is going to result in a really bad day for you.

Like I said - If you feel you need to prove a point, go for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom