• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rcs36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    I received a e-mail dated April 9th from ISP indicating they were working on the middle of Jan. applications. My application was received Jan. 28th. He said it would at least be another two weeks before they would be working on my application.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I received a e-mail dated April 9th from ISP indicating they were working on the middle of Jan. applications. My application was received Jan. 28th. He said it would at least be another two weeks before they would be working on my application.

When did you send them that email? I sent them a email about a week ago trying to figure out what happend to my LTCH. My entire family filed for theirs 2 days after me and they already got theirs. Yes I have a misdemeanor but would love to know how much of a delay that is going to make

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    When did you send them that email? I sent them a email about a week ago trying to figure out what happend to my LTCH. My entire family filed for theirs 2 days after me and they already got theirs. Yes I have a misdemeanor but would love to know how much of a delay that is going to make

It's my understanding that it could add 2-4 weeks to the process. Hopefully it's less for you.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    My wife just got her's in the mail today.... alas, we have to send a letter off now with a change of name notice and request for a new one. She adopted my last name during the long span of waiting for it to come in. Lol.

She L1'd Jan 8th, had to do a retake a week later. All dues paid online and in person the day of the first fingerprinting.

Mine has yet to arrive and I applied a week before her. But I was expecting a delay based on everything I have seen here. I just hope to get it before full on summer.

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I did l1 and paid on 1/29. Not sure I answered the mental illness right. When I was in elementary school or so they put me on Zoloft. Don't think I was classified as an illness though? Hopefully doesn't backfire on me or something. Clean record btw. Congrats on getting yours today I was 12 days ahead of ya

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    So I have verified for myself that they will no longer check on the status over the phone. I called in this morning asking about my application that I submitted on Nov 7th and all the (very nice) woman could offer me is that if there were ever criminal charges (even if I wasn't convicted) against me that could be what is holding the application up.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    So I have verified for myself that they will no longer check on the status over the phone. I called in this morning asking about my application that I submitted on Nov 7th and all the (very nice) woman could offer me is that if there were ever criminal charges (even if I wasn't convicted) against me that could be what is holding the application up.

This just pisses me off to no end. I have NO, ZERO, NADA, record of any kind. Never been to the police station, never questioned, never detained. No illnesses, no medications. I L1'd back on 1-8-13. It should NOT take 14 plus weeks for ME to get my freakin License. I did everything right. I applied online. I paid online via credit card. I paid the extra fee and I L1 printed the very next day. I paid the local PD in cash the same day I LI printed. I did EVERYTHING THEY wanted me to do to help expedite the process. I have NOTHING in my past that would hold up the approval. ISP wont answer emails in a timely fashion and NOW they wont even talk to me on the phone to TRY to help me figure out what is the dealio with my app and why it is taking so long.

I am seriously considering contacting my Representative.

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    I'm on week 9 of waiting so I don't have it that bad.. I just find it frustrating that I've waited 9 weeks, and my girlfriend's brother and her parents got their licenses in one week :xmad: (they live in Michigan).

mta5888

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is from Indiana State Police's Website.
    Firearms Licensing
    The ISP Firearms Licensing Section is currently experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of applications. Therefore, applicants should anticipate the following timelines:

For those using MorphoTrust (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--9 to 11 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    This just pisses me off to no end. I have NO, ZERO, NADA, record of any kind. Never been to the police station, never questioned, never detained. No illnesses, no medications. I L1'd back on 1-8-13. It should NOT take 14 plus weeks for ME to get my freakin License. I did everything right. I applied online. I paid online via credit card. I paid the extra fee and I L1 printed the very next day. I paid the local PD in cash the same day I LI printed. I did EVERYTHING THEY wanted me to do to help expedite the process. I have NOTHING in my past that would hold up the approval. ISP wont answer emails in a timely fashion and NOW they wont even talk to me on the phone to TRY to help me figure out what is the dealio with my app and why it is taking so long.

I wonder if it has anything to do with when you filed your online app. I did mine on 12-28 but couldn't get an L1 appointment until 1-10. Still nothing here either.

Dirtybird68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    I feel everyones pain and hate the wait!

Applied online 01-14-13
    L1 and local PD on 01-21-13

Squeeky clean record-1 speeding ticket deferred 6 years ago
    Resident of Lake County
    Currently at day 81 with no permit

Have seen wait times average 78-85 days L1
    Hopefully Within the next week!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I feel everyones pain and hate the wait!

Applied online 01-14-13
    L1 and local PD on 01-21-13

Squeeky clean record-1 speeding ticket deferred 6 years ago
    Resident of Lake County
    Currently at day 81 with no permit

Have seen wait times average 78-85 days L1
    Hopefully Within the next week!

I waited 88 days. Received mine on 4/8. Keep the faith.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    I wonder if it has anything to do with when you filed your online app. I did mine on 12-28 but couldn't get an L1 appointment until 1-10. Still nothing here either.

I dont think so. I applied 1-7-13 and was able to schedule L1 1-8-13. I received a confirmation email from ISP on 1-10-13 stating that my application and electronic prints had been received.

dbiernesser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bloomington

I am so there with you. I applied 1/14 L1, paid CC and paid local PD with cash. WHAT THE HECK!? I hoped it would finally be here today but no good. We are moving in a month, I dont know what Im gonna do if its still not here then. I respect the police and what they do but it has almost been 14 weeks. No record. :xmad:

Last edited:

Digger128

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I am so there with you. I applied 1/14 L1, paid CC and paid local PD with cash. WHAT THE HECK!? I hoped it would finally be here today but no good. We are moving in a month, I dont know what Im gonna do if its still not here then. I respect the police and what they do but it has almost been 14 weeks. No record. :xmad:

Mail forwarding does a good job of it still getting mine after a year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom