• Status
    Not open for further replies.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I am currently on 13 weeks and still waiting. Anyone receive theirs recently? What was your timetable?

It has been roughly 19 weeks since I mailed my paper work in. Granted I do have a misdemeanor, but jeez I'm no criminal!

I hope I'll have mine in the next two weeks, seems like others been getting them from August now.

hoosierbdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Incompetence with Anderson Police Department. My application was "misplaced". Nobody had any problems with cashing my money orders though. Got a lawyer and shortly after, my permit.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Heres my latest update. Did L1 NOV 11 paid Hendricks Co. NOV 19. called first thing this morning , no busy tone to my surprise. They are working on Nov27 apps.
    Somehow when I did the app online it got submitted twice and my finger print didnt get attached. So she had to track down the app my prints and county fees. So all is well she said and will be mailed out today.. So now its on the USPS.

deeplist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I applied sometime in late September. I don't know the exact day it was mailed off. I used a USPS money order and I don't have the receipt, so I can't verify exactly when it was cashed by the ISP.

What I do know is that the local PD cashed my personal check on September 20th. I did NOT do L1, which I can kick myself in the ass for now. It's now the beginning of January and I'm still waiting. I know for a fact that it's been AT LEAST three full months, or possibly longer... Absolute BS!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    A friend on here, not very active though, applied New Year's Eve. Plainfield PD told him the wait time was 4-6 months. He did not go the L1 way. Filed electronically, did classic fingerprinting.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    I applied sometime in late September. I don't know the exact day it was mailed off. I used a USPS money order and I don't have the receipt, so I can't verify exactly when it was cashed by the ISP.

Actually, you can contact the state police and they can tell you when THEY cashed it. That is how i found out mine was cashed on Nov 8th as the USPS site showed no record of it ever being cashed. Still shows it as not being cashed.

I would call them back and ask them when your check was cashed as you do not have the receipt to check it. they can look and will tell you ;)

deeplist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I will probably end up doing that. Had I known then what I know now, I will have definitely went the L1 route. But even still, it's been AT LEAST 12+ weeks... Probably closer to 13 or 14 at this point. I'm starting to get pissed. I'm normally pretty patient when it comes to things like these, but this is getting to be ridiculous. I understand you can still purchase a firearm without the permit, but I've realized that having it in hand makes the whole thing much easier, both with retailers and private parties.

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    LTCH - Non L1 route

I received my lifetime license to carry today :rockwoot:.

I submitted my application online, and went downtown to file the rest of the paperwork and get my fingerprints taken towards the end of September.

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    My first post, please be gentle

k.leonard I am glad to see you got yours today, gratz. My wife applied online and was printed at the Floyd County Sheriff's office on October 10th. We mailed everything the same day, and verified the money order was cashed on October 15th. Based on you going the same basic route, I am guessing it will still be another 3-4 weeks before she receives hers.

Definitely not like the good old days. When I got mine two years ago I remember getting it in about 4 weeks. That was applying online with the printing at the Sheriff's office as well. It is kind of scary to think it may take as long a 4 -6 months as one poster recently stated.

Hurley

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom