• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Just interested in other points of view on this one, I know most of "us" already had stockpiles of munitions and really haven't felt much of the crunch. Albeit a vast majority of us have been scrounging to find ammo for a simple day of plinking.

The thing I'd like to know is; after all of this blows over, will most vastly increase stockpiles in order to avoid another situation like this, or will you continue to purchase ammo only when you need it?

I personally will stockpile a thousand rounds per caliber weapon I own at a minimum. Is there anything you'd do differently off of the top of your heads?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If/when ammo prices stabilize, I will increase my ammo stores for the inevitable "next time". Not close to being out, have more in some calibers than others, may eradicate a couple of calibers/weapons to cut down on need. I was focused on weapons and mags, the ammo situation caught me off guard :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Lesson learned: Don't laugh at people who can't find ammo just because you can reload all you want. So... anyone out there have any primers, I'm down to my last few hundred LOL.

I can find ammo now, but primers still aren't on any store shelves I know of. I will begin stockpiling "shooting" stock now in addition to simply keeping an emergency supply. I'm also going to stock up on components more than I had been. Shoot half, stock half of everything I buy. Same as I did when building an emergency stock.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I still continue to buy now, but will most likely stock up a little more when prices go down. Not in the thousands of rounds, but hundreds..

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    determine which calibers are available cheapest per round, buy a/more guns in that caliber.

Which leads to the next question: What bulk/surplus ammo is the cheapest that will fit a(ny) home/personal protection gun?

I know the CZ/Maks have been discussed recently as being cheap and cheap ammo. But is there an easy comparison somewhere?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Oh, and .22s.. I really hadn't anticipated store shelves emptying of .22s in less than an emergency situation. I've got a more than abundant emergency stock of .22s, but shooting stock is running down. I'm gonna have a LOT bigger "shooting" stockpile soon!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I will slowly build to a higher level than before by continuing to buy a little more than I use. I will also try to remember the worst gouging companies and avoid them in the good times as well.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I still continue to buy now, but will most likely stock up a little more when prices go down. Not in the thousands of rounds, but hundreds..

"when prices go down" I still have my fingers crossed, but my Hope is sitting on Death Row because of Retailer's Greed

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The severity of the buying/shortage frenzy stunned me. I knew people would start buying, but it has been overwhelming.
    I was pretty well set for ammo, mags ect to start with. Reloading components is where I got caught with my pants down, primers in particular. I have about 5k, but that's not really that many when you consider they're almost impossible to replace. Given the chance I will gradually stock very heavily on reloading components.

Ripleydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I had a decent sized stockpile before this crunch happened. I have began reloading since this ammo issue started. Once prices come back down and items are more available I will be stocking up on reloading supplies.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I've learned that it makes my neck hurt if I shake my head every time I hear of someone who couldn't see this coming a year or two ago.:dunno: The folks who have continued to buy after the prices skyrocketed confuse me the most.:rolleyes: Our society has digressed to the point that many have failed to look to the past to catch a glimpse of the future. Now is not the time to buy! Learn patients!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've learned that it makes my neck hurt if I shake my head every time I hear of someone who couldn't see this coming a year or two ago.:dunno: The folks who have continued to buy after the prices skyrocketed confuse me the most.:rolleyes: Our society has digressed to the point that many have failed to look to the past to catch a glimpse of the future. Now is not the time to buy! Learn patients!

Yes, I was blind sided, because I just couldn't believe that Americans would actually Vote for Barack Hussein Obama. My what has become of America :rolleyes:

Top Bottom