Curious how much taxpayer dole your local farmer is getting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I sent a link to this site to a friend of mine at work whose family farms on the side...he wasn't too thrilled with the idea folks could look up how much they were getting :): .....and he wasn't even a big fish in the Lawrence county farm-----pond.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    According to that website insurance is indeed subsidized

Next time I see him I'll get more info on the insurance. I know each year he decides if he wants to buy it and if so, how much, and he seems to feel the premiums are high. In a perfect world there would be enough premium paid nationwide where the taxpayer would be out of it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Only the Democrats? That's funny.

Pat Roberts (R) from Kansas is one of the strongest pushers of the Farm Bill and pitched a hissy fit when Obama's debt reduction plan would have cut into farm subsidies by about 1/3. So did Frank Lucas (R) from Oklahoma. Plenty of Republicans love it. Look at the votes, and pretty much any congressman from an agricultural heavy district is on board.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Congressional Bills and Votes - NYTimes.com

Yup, it seems that the only real objection Republicans have to big gov't spending is that they don't control all of it.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Farm subsidies helped put my Tea Party Congressman in Washington. Way to go, Marlin. On the dole! Stomp on the disenfranchised; feed the farmer!

Marlin Stutzman and His Farm Subsidies « spydersden

Wow. One of my neighbors has collected over 1.6 million between the two brothers.

Sad thing is, they have come through with heavy equipment and torn out all the tree lines, fence rows, grass edges around their fields to get a few more acres to farm. Those fence rows provided some much needed wind breaks, provided highly valuable wildlife habitat in this corn/soybean wasteland, and prevented some soil washoff into nearby streams and rivers. I used to go pick wild blackberries and wild grapes along some of those fencerows. No more... But, maybe they grow back in another fifty years if they stop tilling them. Sad.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I work for a grain elevator in the area of Crawfordsville and there were about 5 names in the top 30 that I didn't recognize. One thing I found funny is that two of the top four are husband and wife. I never feel bad for farmers in rough growing years. Farmers have been getting welfare for a long time.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Sad thing is, they have come through with heavy equipment and torn out all the tree lines, fence rows, grass edges around their fields to get a few more acres to farm. Those fence rows provided some much needed wind breaks, provided highly valuable wildlife habitat in this corn/soybean wasteland, and prevented some soil washoff into nearby streams and rivers. I used to go pick wild blackberries and wild grapes along some of those fencerows. No more... But, maybe they grow back in another fifty years if they stop tilling them. Sad.

Maybe you should get some legislation started on telling people what they can or can't do on their own property. Maybe you should go out with a ruler and measure your neighbors' lawns.

What does this even have to do with crop subsidies?

Top Bottom