• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Is there any news on the reason for the down turn? At the Bedford plant, they make heads for the Chevy/GM trucks and they're working 7 days a week just to try to keep up with sales.

Industrial Sales are different than automotive sales... Best I can say.

"Global off-highway and power-generation markets have been weak for some time and are worsening," while "industry orders in key end-markets in Brazil and China are at multiyear lows and showing no signs of improvement in the near-term," said Chief Executive Tom Linebarger.

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/cummins-slashes-jobs-citing-global-slowdown-2015-10-27-84852330

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Do try and keep up. They are two separate things. Unrelated.

MrJarrel...your tinfoil is to tight on this one. That's all I'm going to say about that. We had several very good discussion on this the last time. People need to realize that not everything grows at a steady constant rate. There are cycles that give growth a saw tooth shape. I challenge you to take a look at Cummins annual reports for the last 20 years, and take a look at the growth of the company and see what that means for the state.

Its unfortunately that we're having to make cuts, but the announcement spelled it out pretty clearly. The economy sucks and this is what companies do to adjust to the conditions.

The number of jobs in Indiana due to Cummins is till up over the last decade, and we didn't take near the hit that CAT did.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Godfearing...

Take a look at oil prices. Commodity prices track oil prices. When oil and commodities are down, industrial markets are down. Just the way the economy works. We'll rebound and come out stronger than before.

Heh...I keep forgetting Cummins is big in the off-road power market too, I guess.

Top Bottom