Cuban Flag, "Confederate" Flag Comparison?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there a Difference in the Display of Cuban Vs the "Confederate" Flags?

• Total voters

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't have time to think about that.

I'm, too busy trying to figure out how I can get every 4th person who attends a St. Patrick's Day parade deported, along with every Mini owner with the Union Jack on the roof and everyone who displays red, white and blue in a non "Old Glory" manner. That's what America is about!

Don't forgot those pizza delivery places!

They freakin' hate America.

custom_pizza_box1.jpg

All boxes should be like that ... :patriot:

pizza-box-12.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When they stand up and say they want to strip me of my rights I'll get on their case too. Until then =/=.

That was irony. :)

I actually find it a disrespectful to have the US flag printed on something that will get thrown away in the trash like a pizza box.
    Same with napkins.

american-flag-napkins-close-up-look-42769168.jpg

If I get a box or product packaging with a little American flag printed on it I cut it out and save it before I can throw the rest of the box away.

search
    madeinamerica.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    History is told by the victors after all.

Because the Confederates shut up after the war? Actually, they didn’t- ignoring what their own political and military leaders said preceding and during the war...and sometimes themselves, the Lost Causers desperately tried to retroactively re-write the fight to keep others as property as some noble cause. State’s rights? Sure...most specifically the right to force people to do your bidding, steal their labor, breakup families, etc.. I’m all for states’ rights according to the Constitution,but nothing provoked the South to-arms except threats to slavery. Whatever the flag means to people now, the Army of Northern Virginia and it’s flag was dedicated to preserving it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are a better American than I am, seriously.

I don't think you can be better or worst at being American than someone else. :)
    Especially when that someone is not even American at all.
    You are either American or you are not, and you're 100% more American than I am. ;)

And since you live in the US you must see way more American flags on packagings than I do.

If you saved them all you would have a drawer full of paper and cardboard flags at the end of the year.

I just come across a few each year so it's easier for me to not throw them away.
    The last one I "saved" was the one on the packaging of my American flag.

images

(not the actual flag I got but it looked similar)

It seemed weird to properly fold and display the actual flag to then throw away in the trash the printed version.

I save postal stamps as well if the flag is on it.

USA-5052.jpg

search

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Because the Confederates shut up after the war? Actually, they didn’t- ignoring what their own political and military leaders said preceding and during the war...and sometimes themselves, the Lost Causers desperately tried to retroactively re-write the fight to keep others as property as some noble cause. State’s rights? Sure...most specifically the right to force people to do your bidding, steal their labor, breakup families, etc.. I’m all for states’ rights according to the Constitution,but nothing provoked the South to-arms except threats to slavery. Whatever the flag means to people now, the Army of Northern Virginia and it’s flag was dedicated to preserving it.

And the Cuban government is ruthless. So, your saying BOTH flags represent failed leftist ideals?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It depends...Is it the same flag as before the revolution? If it is then yes...If not? No....

I base this on the feelings of my wife's Cuban Godmother...Her family lost EVERYTHING when Castro took over and as a young girl had to flee Cuba with a small suit case....She hated Castro and Che until the day she died....

IMHO

I voted no...I really don't care what flag someone flies on their own property....

That flag dates to 1902. Pre-Batista, pre-Castro

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So which is the more likely to bear fruit (and I agree BTW), opposition through knowledge, or opposition by mislabeling them as communists, knowingly, intent on the destruction of individual rights?

If , as you seemingly are, you hold communists to be "...knowingly, intent on the destruction of individual rights?" then labeling Emma and David so would be absolutely correct. They are intent on the destruction of individual rights (specifically RKBA)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Failed. Ideals, certainly....but the Cuban flag wasn't created by the oppressors.
    I don't claim it was created by leftists. Leftists embrace the Cuban flag for the ideology of Castro, but despise the confederate flag because it represents their own failure. All while projecting their own evil upon the conservative rednecks, who embrace it as a sign of their southern heritage.

The only true true difference between these flags, is who they offend.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Just a point of thought, as both flags represent a heritage. The Cuban flag representing the national heritage of a sovereign nation, while the battle flag is more representative of the rebellious spirit of our nations founding. The battle flag was not the flag of the Confederacy, but of the general heritage of our Grand Republic. I am not a of a pc character and tend to see things in a different light, as do others. I am not racist, nor bigoted. Yet I look at the battle flag as a remembrance of our history, both good and bad.~~"One Man's Opinion!"

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So, when South Carolina began the process of seceding in 1832 and Gov. Hayne began raising an army, it was over slavery?

When Abraham "but not free a single slave" Lincoln sent the US army south with the explicit statement it wasn't to end slavery, it was to end slavery?

When VA seceded only after the US army mobilized to head south, it was over simple slavery?

When Robert E. Lee freed the slaves on his dead father-in-laws plantation in 1863, it was because he was fighting for slavery?

It seems to me that you are grossly oversimplifying a very complex historical event.

Top Bottom