• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    And how many of those items do they happen to sell?

My thoughts exactly. I don't think they still cigarettes, and that was at the bottom of the list, when in reality we all know smokes are gonna be a top priority. And booze. I'll barter smokes for booze, but you ain't getting my cigars!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Lame list. Doesn't look like they put much thought into it, I think that at least a dozen of those would have little to no value.

Hand warmers? Mylar blankets? Vinegar and baking soda for cleaning supplies, why not just real cleaning supplies, how about bleach instead? Paracord, yeah its cool but I don't think there will ever be a shortage of rope/string.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I liked the part about knitting/crocheting stuff and yarn. Are we talking clothing a family here? How many skeins of yarn are you going to put up, exactly.

Hard candy? Nice I guess, but I'm not trading boolets for pogey bait.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Does CTD have their made in China American flags on the list? I refuse to ever do business with those people again.
    In reality, food and water are a premium or things to get those items safe to use along with shelter and sanitation.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Does CTD have their made in China American flags on the list? I refuse to ever do business with those people again.
    In reality, food and water are a premium or things to get those items safe to use along with shelter and sanitation.

I'd put the blame for made in China flags where it belongs, American manufacturers and the government that makes it more attractive for businesses to leave. CTD's shipping rates are enough reason to not do business with them. I've posted as much on their Facebook page when they listed a sale, really good sale but with shipping it would have been regular retail. The person working internet marketing/customer relations agreed that shipping probably needed to be reviewed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Don't worry. Be happy !!!!

After Dec. 21st, when the earth's gravitational fields shift and we all drift off into space, none of that stuff will do you any good. Stock up on magnetic shoes and ropes to tether yourself to something solid.

Has anyone started a countdown calendar yet? You know, XX days until the end??
    I have a big calendar hanging on my press brake at work, we shut down for the year on Dec, 20. On that day I have a huge smiley face drawn with "last day of work forever" written under it.:rockwoot:

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Hard candy? Nice I guess, but I'm not trading boolets for pogey bait.

Think hard candy for medical reason. Father in Law and Brother in Law both have problems with low blood sugar. Hard candy works great when they don't have their meds close by.

That list is like a BOB/GHB, everyones needs will vary.

Water, shelter, food, and a form of self defense will probably be the only items you see in every bag.

equip2survive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Indiana
    Water purification supplies is not fresh water.

Agreed... but water purification methods actually have a lot of advantages over actual fresh water. For one, actual water weighs 8 lbs. per gallon. At the recommended 1 gallon per day... well you do the math. Water also takes up room in your pack or vehicle. Water purification methods allow you to NOT HAVE to CARRY or TRANSPORT that fresh water. You can just make your own when you get to some not so fresh water. :)

equip2survive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Indiana
    Lame list. Doesn't look like they put much thought into it, I think that at least a dozen of those would have little to no value.

Hand warmers? Mylar blankets? Vinegar and baking soda for cleaning supplies, why not just real cleaning supplies, how about bleach instead? Paracord, yeah its cool but I don't think there will ever be a shortage of rope/string.

Actually... a few of the items that you mentioned (like hand warmers and bleach) have a fairly brief shelf life. Bleach starts to become less potent after just 6 months and hand warmers can go bad as early as a year.

Paracord is also not just "rope/string". It is pretty versatile and nice stuff.

Top Bottom