Ct. Residents receive this in the mail .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Everyday I wander whats united about the United States anymore.

Gun laws that vary greatly from state to state.
    A president that only reflects the interest of its own entity.
    There is NOT one thing I can think of thats united about our states anymore,
    A Increasing Militarized police state.
    Talks of a degrading infrastructure is everywhere if your not watching the tabloid news channels.

These kinds of actions dont suprise me one bit.

Anymore.

What say the local police men here, would you participate in an unconstitutional act like this?
    Looks like some of those folks in CT are ready to do it.

Last edited:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What say the local police men here, would you participate in an unconstitutional act like this?
    Looks like some of those folks in CT are ready to do it.

I'm not a cop, but if my employer wanted me to do something I found personally distasteful (at least) all the way up to offensive I would probably do it. At least initially. I have kids to feed and bills to pay, I've grown accustomed to living indoors with hot and cold running water. Now if it really bothered me I'd continue to do it while looking for a new job.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    This is far different than your employer telling you to mop a pile of crap.
    Your saying for pay you would continue to do unconstitutional acts against U.S citizens untill you found another gig?

Is this right?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm not a cop, but if my employer wanted me to do something I found personally distasteful (at least) all the way up to offensive I would probably do it. At least initially. I have kids to feed and bills to pay, I've grown accustomed to living indoors with hot and cold running water. Now if it really bothered me I'd continue to do it while looking for a new job.

I've told my employer "I won't do it" over much less, and I still have a job. Want to be spineless, then call in sick. I once told a boss they needed to start making travel arrangements to go in my place to a meeting out of state if he wanted to convey a certain message. management realized they were out of line and I went and things were successful.

I suspect that in this case if a LEO went public he lost his job over NOT going on an un-registered gun raid, he'd have offers coming in from all over the state, and legislators pressuring the department to re-instate him.

-rvb

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sure, it's unconstitutional.

No, I don't want this to happen to anyone.

...but how many Connecticut gun owner pulled the lever for these politicians when the issues in the election were more entitlements, making the rich pay their "fair share" and "saving the environment"? Elections have consequences.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    The old saw, those that refuse to follow history are doomed to repeat it? Have they forgetten that the first shots in the Revolutionary War were fired next door in Lexington, Mass and then up to Concord, Mass. as the British were there to disarm the militia and arrest Sam Adams and John Hancock. After which two Militia Commanders in Ethan Allen up in the New Hampshire area and Benedict Arnold who was living in New Haven, Connecticut took their troops and joined together to take Fort Ticonderoga from the British. These people live in what was the heart of the beginning of the American Revolution and they are trying to imitate the BRITISH???? Do they not see the irony here? And likely epic failure? You just can't make this shiite up.

This has to potential for another "shot heard 'round the world".

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Um...Concord, Mass.

...but who's going to notice?

[video=youtube;0pZpfVOqI6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pZpfVOqI6A[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Have they forgetten that the first shots in the Revolutionary War were fired next door in Lexington, Mass and then up to Concord N.H....

It wasn't Concord N.H., it was Lexington, Mass. AND Concord, Mass.

...and I don't dislike Michelle Bachmann at all.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This is far different than your employer telling you to mop a pile of crap.
    Your saying for pay you would continue to do unconstitutional acts against U.S citizens untill you found another gig?

Is this right?
    You have the gist of it. I said my kids have to eat, so yes I currently take pay and convert some of that pay to food, and some of that food..seems like most...goes into my kids' pie holes.

I also said I'd be actively looking for a new gig. My belief is it's easier to find a job when a person has a job, and for sure having a job keeps food on the table.

It's a despicable act that they contemplate. I'm sure shots will be fired, would not be surprised if there are some pretty serious wounds and outright dead citizens and cops.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've told my employer "I won't do it" over much less, and I still have a job. Want to be spineless, then call in sick. I once told a boss they needed to start making travel arrangements to go in my place to a meeting out of state if he wanted to convey a certain message. management realized they were out of line and I went and things were successful.

I suspect that in this case if a LEO went public he lost his job over NOT going on an un-registered gun raid, he'd have offers coming in from all over the state, and legislators pressuring the department to re-instate him.

-rvb
    I am managing the risk to my kids in a different fashion. I'm happy to disagree with work decisions, and I do voice my opinion - it's actually part of my job. I am not going to put my management, all senior executives, in a corner with threats. As noted, I'll voice my disagreement and if I feel strongly enough about it I'll simply look for a new job.

I'm under the impression that it was the legislators that passed this law, not sure any pressure would then come from them for a re-hire. On the other hand, they are politicians so if the wind is favorable....

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    It wasn't Concord N.H., it was Lexington, Mass. AND Concord, Mass.

...and I don't dislike Michelle Bachmann at all.

Your right about Concord. I must have brain farted recalling Ethan Allen and B. Arnold. fixed it. It is acutely ironic that CT. is talking about confiscating the guns. The AR-15 and the numerous variants would be the modern day equivalent of the Revolutionary Era longrifle.

I get the Bachmann thing. I liked her until she started spending too much time in front of the cameras.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    As noted, I'll voice my disagreement and if I feel strongly enough about it I'll simply look for a new job.

you would voice your opinion, then be willing to go put bullets into a citizen who didn't want to comply with this law? And you could live with yourself? That exemplifies the problem we face. Even in business there are ethics that must be considered.

I'm under the impression that it was the legislators that passed this law, not sure any pressure would then come from them for a re-hire. On the other hand, they are politicians so if the wind is favorable....

They didn't ALL vote for it did they? Surely a sympathetic ear could be found in the legislature.

-rvb

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom