CT already looking to grant amnesty to get more registrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I heard that all the misplaced registration mailings ended up in one gal's office. I'd suggest that the CT politicians go to Hellan' Hunt for 'em.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'm rather surprised that instead of low numbers of actual firearms, that they were not swamped to the hilt with registrations for nailguns, staple guns, glue guns, etc... Perhaps that kind of mockery is just my style though.

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    I wish I could find some of these comments funny but I can't. I am a connecticut resident. I am a teacher and I was a police officer when I bought the gun and magazines that I own. My gun had to be registered long ago because it "was bad". Now I have had to register the Magazines. It is hard when your state makes you feel like you committed the horrible act that happened here. The state is run by democrats and our voices were not heard. When I went into register my magazines I was asked if was turning in my rifle I held my tongue and politely replied no. My brother turned his paperwork in on the last day. You would not believe the line I drove because he was as sick as a dog. My brother and I did what we did because we still believe in our country and follow the laws.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I wish I could find some of these comments funny but I can't. I am a connecticut resident. I am a teacher and I was a police officer when I bought the gun and magazines that I own. My gun had to be registered long ago because it "was bad". Now I have had to register the Magazines. It is hard when your state makes you feel like you committed the horrible act that happened here. The state is run by democrats and our voices were not heard. When I went into register my magazines I was asked if was turning in my rifle I held my tongue and politely replied no. My brother turned his paperwork in on the last day. You would not believe the line I drove because he was as sick as a dog. My brother and I did what we did because we still believe in our country and follow the laws.

Foremost, welcome to INGO.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    My brother and I did what we did because we still believe in our country and follow the laws.

I still believe in my country as well (just not the politicians) and that's why I will never register any gun or magazine and any politician who says I have to can kiss my ass!!

Good luck to you Ungie, hopefully enough people will wake up in your state and put the turds making your laws out on the unemployment line!

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    Yes our governor is going have to rethink things quickly. I did register everything. When any Magazine that is over 10 rounds has to be registered there would be many more registrations. By the way we also have to have a license to purchase any kind of ammo. Keep a vigil and don't let this happen to you!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    " My brother and I did what we did because we still believe in our country and follow the laws. "

You are a newbie so I shall not go off, but lets say unjust laws are evil and should not be followed.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Definately, Welcome to INGO! As you can see not all of us are in IN. ( INGO follows you everywhere!)
    Interesting to see what has transpired in CT and NY. Stop giving MA more ideas!!!!!! :):

Let me know if you want to shoot one day. MA still issues hi-cap licenses.......( pre-ban mags of course)
    Also you will find INGO welcoming and friendly. Tamer than Northeast Shooters.....those guys are animals!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Hi cap licenses? What kind of hoops do you have to jump through for that? How do they determine whether it is pre-ban or not? Incredible!

Months of research........before you move......small law fees ( just cause I didnlt want to mess up).
    Hell, you need a license to buy ammo but they don't track it. ( Well DICK'S does in MA)

Getting a hi-cap is what is needed to carry. A Class A license allows concealed carry and pre-ban ( Thanks Mitt!) hi-caps. You MUST apply for the A if you want to carry. Then the local police interview you ( still technically a shall issue) and decides if they want to add restrictions to your A or deny the A and give you a B. All on the whim of the local PD cheif. Luckily ( or stRategically) I live in a friendly town. So not hoops so much as fifedoms. Plus I. have not done anything REAL stupid in my past. That helps alot.

As far as how do they tell it's pre-ban....who knows. I hearburden is on the state but who wants to go through that? Best bet here is to buy local and keep the receipt. Of course Ruger P series mags before the ban had a metal base and are OK here ( no that is not a hint to PM me!)

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Go west, young man, go west. Just not too far.

Actually in New England it's go north, to NH. Same Brady rating as IN.......

I do miss the cheap prices and open spaces of Rousch........sigh

Edit: Vermont would work too. For all it's crazy leftness, they have NO gun laws. Federal law only, consititutional carry etc.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Months of research........before you move......small law fees ( just cause I didnlt want to mess up).
    Hell, you need a license to buy ammo but they don't track it. ( Well DICK'S does in MA)

Getting a hi-cap is what is needed to carry. A Class A license allows concealed carry and pre-ban ( Thanks Mitt!) hi-caps. You MUST apply for the A if you want to carry. Then the local police interview you ( still technically a shall issue) and decides if they want to add restrictions to your A or deny the A and give you a B. All on the whim of the local PD cheif. Luckily ( or stRategically) I live in a friendly town. So not hoops so much as fifedoms. Plus I. have not done anything REAL stupid in my past. That helps alot.

As far as how do they tell it's pre-ban....who knows. I hearburden is on the state but who wants to go through that? Best bet here is to buy local and keep the receipt. Of course Ruger P series mags before the ban had a metal base and are OK here ( no that is not a hint to PM me!)

So how badly do you miss Indiana: completely, or just incredibly?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    So how badly do you miss Indiana: completely, or just incredibly?

Well, I am jealous of the gun show ads. There are 2 or 3 a year within driving distance. Funny thing you could NOT tell the difference in crowds if you didnlt know you were in MA. 85% of the people look like MI or IN "gun show" people.
    I see threads like SALEM OR LOWELL GUN SHOW and I get excited then I am like oh wait.....wrong state!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Well, I am jealous of the gun show ads. There are 2 or 3 a year within driving distance. Funny thing you could NOT tell the difference in crowds if you didnlt know you were in MA. 85% of the people look like MI or IN "gun show" people.
    I see threads like SALEM OR LOWELL GUN SHOW and I get excited then I am like oh wait.....wrong state!
    Wrong State in more ways than one. :): Ever consider coming back to the Who'sYer(Daddy) State?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    @ Ungie: Sorry to hear of your plight, this is just plain wrong you and other CT residents have to go through that because of what happened in Newtown. Remember 1994? A bunch of liberal politicians were fired by the American people right after the assault weapons ban went into effect. It can happen again and if it does, hopefully the Republicans (TEA party Republicans, not Establishment types I hope) won't blow it like they did back then.

If you believe we live in a country of laws, not men, work to change the laws. And don't rule out civil disobedience like Dr. King used. I put carrying a "banned" weapon or magazine but not using it for violent purposes other than to defend oneself squarely into the civil disobedience category.

Top Bottom