CT already looking to grant amnesty to get more registrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Interesting... It's possible the would-be tyrants in CT bit off more than they could chew on this one. The usual technique is to isolate a small enough group and make them out to be a fringe element. Then they just keep chipping away at the edges until the target group is small enough they can deal with the disobedient individually. But there must be millions of "assault weapons" and magazines in the state of CT. In their emotionally-charged feeding frenzy they went too far and targeted the "mainstream". Oops!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, is it just me, or do those numbers looked screwed up?

More guns than mags? I don't know about you guys but I have say 25, 30 magazines per platform (AK, G3, FAL, M14, AR, etc).

Are those dealers registering guns for sale later?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

More guns than mags? I don't know about you guys but I have say 25, 30 magazines per platform (AK, G3, FAL, M14, AR, etc).

50,000 ‘assault weapons’ and less than 40,000 people registered magazines.

The way I read that is 50,000 weapons from X number of people and Y number of magazines from 40,000 people. I'm guessing 40,000 people registered their "assault weapons", some of which had more than one. While we don't know how many magazines each person registered.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The way I read that is 50,000 weapons from X number of people and Y number of magazines from 40,000 people. I'm guessing 40,000 people registered their "assault weapons", some of which had more than one. While we don't know how many magazines each person registered.

The reports say about 50,000 weapons. They also say that 40,000 people registered magazines.

I wonder how many magazines.

In any case, I'd think a lot more than 40,000 people had 'high capacity' magazines in the state. Likewise 50,000 weapons seems very low as well for an entire state.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I wish I did not find it so easy to believe that that many people registered all of these things. But I am sure if they did this in any other state people would line up just the same.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    There are probably more than 50,000 "assault weapons" in the hands of INGOers alone.

You obviously didn't attend the 1st annual INGO Boat 'n Shoot a couple years back. We don't like to talk about it much, but you'll see references to the boating accident all over. I still blame Printcraft for that..

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

You wouldn't be suggesting paper guns, would you, Kirk? :):

That's never happened before, right?

Ah, the follies of Man.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well, it looks like most of the people of Connecticut remember that the state calls itself "The Constitution State" and believe it. Going to be interesting to see what happens after they don't get any more registrations. Then what will their sick governor say?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, it looks like most of the people of Connecticut remember that the state calls itself "The Constitution State" and believe it. Going to be interesting to see what happens after they don't get any more registrations. Then what will their sick governor say?

Can you imagine the backlash IF they started coming for guns? Confiscations would be scary. The outrage from around the country would be deafening.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Ok, is it just me, or do those numbers looked screwed up?...

Even for a pro-gun website, statistics are easy to screw up, even when they're actually trying to get it right. But even if they didn't get the numbers exactly right, they would appear to be right about this part:
    It would seem massive civil disobedience is alive and well in the North East and the politicians know it and are quaking in their jack boots over it.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I find it about eight different kinds of funny that CT enacted this big, bada** law "to save the children" and all, and hardly anyone's playing along. Is this what they call civil disobedience? :p

Last edited:
    Top Bottom