• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    This will be my 1st gun show with a carry gun.

What do they do, clear it and put a tie strap on & give back to
    you right there?

Or do they keep it untill your done?

Thanks Jimmy

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    The sign on the door says "no loaded weapons beyond this point".

You are supposed to walk in the door with it unloaded, pay the entry fee and have the person from LE check it and put a tie wrap on it to make it inoperable and put it back in your holster.

Having said that, I know some don't declare it and just keep it hidden well. If caught I think they give you the boot.

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    Every gun show I have ever been to allows you to carry a weapon inside as long as it is not loaded. And that goes back to the seventies when I first started going. I always remove the magazine and lock the slide open before I go in. That way I know the person at the table cannot shoot anyone. And that person at the table can see it's safe to handle as soon as I unholster it it. I've had them ask about the magazine. And I' had them ask about rounds for the weapon. I always answer no.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Every gun show I have ever been to allows you to carry a weapon inside as long as it is not loaded. And that goes back to the seventies when I first started going. I always remove the magazine and lock the slide open before I go in. That way I know the person at the table cannot shoot anyone. And that person at the table can see it's safe to handle as soon as I unholster it it. I've had them ask about the magazine. And I' had them ask about rounds for the weapon. I always answer no.

This. Put the mag and extra round in your pocket and mums the word on them.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    This. Put the mag and extra round in your pocket and mums the word on them.

Or don't even **** with it and keep it concealed. Remember what Uncle Kirk says. Every time you load or unload [STRIKE]god kills a kitten[/STRIKE]....errr there is a chance for an ND.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Or don't even **** with it and keep it concealed. Remember what Uncle Kirk says. Every time you load or unload [STRIKE]god kills a kitten[/STRIKE]....errr there is a chance for an ND.

True, But I usually OC because, well, everything does have a price. I might not be planning on selling my piece that I carry, but sometimes things happen.

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    Yes they clear it and zip tie it and give it back. Just leave the ammo out of it. No loaded weapons. I don't even bring my carry weapon there. What's the point if there's no ammo...unless you're gonna sell/trade it...but if that's the case, it should be in the case, assuming u have one.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Thanks for your answers fella's!

I just don't want leave a gun in the car, no way.

That parking lot looks to be a rich environment for
    gun thieves.

Looks like Ill unload it in the car and let them zip it up.

Now for lots of beans tonight and tomorrow for crop dusting.:D

Jimmy

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Just got back from Crown Point gun show and weapons check was on ramp before you even pay ,didn't look to closely but looks like they clear weapon an then zip tie .Also stopped at the new Gander Mountain looks like the remodel is almost complete ,not a good selection of handgun ammo or 223 or,762x39.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Leave it at home or well hidden??? in your car, no loaded guns or loaded magazines ["clips" for the libs] are allowed inside. Wasn't much there to write home about anyhow. It's been getting worse over the years, unless you are REALLY into knives.

Top Bottom