• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    One thing to consider: what about the venues that are rented for these shows? They pay the insurance for the site, and are responsible for anything that happens on-site, regardless of the negligent or criminal actions of individuals on that site. If you want to be able to carry at these shows, be ready to absorb the higher insurance rate into your ticket price.

I for one take some small comfort in knowing that there are armed police officers at the 1500, and no one else is armed. Not me, and thank god, not my crazy neighbor, who after about 15 minutes of conversation saw fit to wave a locked and loaded 1911 in my driveway, finger on the trigger.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I was last there they had a deputy verifying that any gun your bring in is unloaded. Not unreasonable IMO as they had at least one ND there in the past.

I have yet to meet you at the CP gun show and Walt O has said you have a table by the entrance. Were you there when the person that was checking weapons at the front table had the ND?

Yup. The last ND, was the officer checking weapons. I was in the West wing at the time. Another INGOer was in the North wing.

I carry concealed there.
    If I need to bring a gun in for something, I carry that one empty for inspection, and conceal my other.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    One thing to consider: what about the venues that are rented for these shows? They pay the insurance for the site, and are responsible for anything that happens on-site, regardless of the negligent or criminal actions of individuals on that site. If you want to be able to carry at these shows, be ready to absorb the higher insurance rate into your ticket price.

I for one take some small comfort in knowing that there are armed police officers at the 1500, and no one else is armed. Not me, and thank god, not my crazy neighbor, who after about 15 minutes of conversation saw fit to wave a locked and loaded 1911 in my driveway, finger on the trigger.

Neighbor to stay away from. Need to give him a copy of the four rules.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Yup. The last ND, was the officer checking weapons. I was in the West wing at the time. Another INGOer was in the North wing.

I carry concealed there.
    If I need to bring a gun in for something, I carry that one empty for inspection, and conceal my other.

I was north side, near center. Scary moment.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    This is not just the rule of a gun show but at many of your local gun shops as well. Not all of the rules are set by the promoters. Most rules are set from Insurance Companies and from the facilities.

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    I found what I wanted for a fair price. IMO, a little better show than the last few. Lots of prices still seemed high, but at least there was more stuff to look at.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I was north side, near center. Scary moment.

I was in the North wing also. I had just walked in and got about two tables in. Scary for sure. The next time I went they had him sitting in the corner facing the wall.

I may go tomorrow, will see. Last few times, it was not worth the drive for me.

IndianaJack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NWI
    Show was kind of thin - was there yesterday. Lots of empty tables and not a lot of bargains - except on ammo. Worth the five bucks to pick up some lead.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I have one simple question for you.
    What would you do if hit by a negligent discharge at a gun show?
    Ah, want to make the hypocrisy a debate, eh? Okay, I'll play! :laugh:

That fallacious 'argument' is nothing short of a total fraud in it's 'logic' and merely some ludicrous attempt to 'justify' a gun ban AT a gun show. simply because we WANT to attend 'just so, so bad!' :laugh:

Since a ND CAN (and does, just take a look at the walls, floor & ceiling) happen at a gun range, too, then are you 'okay' with prohibiting loaded firearms at a gun range as well, having a cop there to make SURE they're unloaded, and 'peace-tying' the firearm?

That 'argument' is exactly the same one made by Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Pelosi, Reid, and Holder (and dozens more) to 'justify' their rabid anti-gun lunacy. It is exactly why there are currently 20,000+ anti-gun / control laws on the books allegedly perpetrated 'for our safety'.

INGO had a thread a while back about an INGO member seeing some guy sitting in his car outside Walmart that appeared to be 'coon-fingering' a handgun. Did we 'demand' all gun-toters disarm at Walmart? Did we 'demand' all gun-toters disarm in their cars?

Were there not some folks on INGO that stuck up for the rifle-toting yabos at Chipotle's, at least one of whom posed for a picture of himself INSIDE Chipotle's with his loaded rifle at low-ready? Did we 'demand' ALL gun-toters disarm at Chipotle's? Oh, wait, the restaurant did. And we whined and bashed and 'demanded' a boycott!

NO, we're hypocrites, at least some of us are. And that 'question' proves that beyond any doubt.

There is no more 'justification' for demanding that gun-toters disarm at a gun show than there is requesting gun-toters do so at a mall, theater, or Cracker Barrel. In fact, there is less, as a gun show should be the one place where the Second Amendment right is absolutely respected and protected.

But, some gun-toters will still try and 'defend' that disarmament 'policy' because, "Gun shows are F-U-N!!" That's beyond hypocrisy.

EXACTLY like Moms Demand Action.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    You're safe with a loaded gun.
    I'm safe with a loaded gun.
    Driveway guy, not so much.
    How do you know which guy is a dope?
    I have absolutely no idea how many morons have pointed guns at my head at gun shows. But it is in the hundreds.
    I've personally heard at least 4 ND's at gun shows.
    Yeah, I'm a little nervous when I see people walking around the show with their finger on the trigger. And yes, it is a common sight.

Top Bottom