• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yeah, it's ugly, lol. BUT, who is going to see it? :D

The only problem with the ugly is that it was so comfortable I wanted to wear it even when I didn't have to cover up, instead of an OWB holster.... but was ashamed too LOL.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Yeah, it's ugly, lol. BUT, who is going to see it? :D

Yeah looks aren't a big problem for me, since when I'm not working I never tuck my shirt in, and the holster is covered.

Also I think I got mine for 30 dollars shipped during last years 4th of July sale.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I can't speak for the Crossbreed... but I have a Kholster that I use with my PF9. It's ugly, but always hidden. I find the large leather piece uncomfortable when it's warm (when it gets all sweaty and sticky) but great in the winter or anytime you can bear to wear a t-shirt under it. I take it to all dress-up events due to the tuckability. I paid around $35 for it.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Crossbreed does offer horse hide instead of cow hide for better moisture resistance, because of the tighter grain of leather. There are also various clips: J-clips hook over pants and behind/under belt, c-clips go over pants and behind/over/under belt, v-clips have velcro and attach to your belt with supplied velcro, or you can order a gun belt with the velcro attached, and snap clips (steel) are default.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have them both. SuperTuck for Sig P220c, MiniTuck for Kahr PM45, and a Kholster for a 24/7 longslide.

The leather on both Crossbreeds is thicker and stiffer than on the Kholster. The Kholster is more comfortable out of the box, but the Crossbreeds mold to your body after a week or so, and end up being more comfortable. I don't notice the hardware, so I don't have the "M-Tac" issue.

The clips on all of mine are metal. The MiniTuck has a Cross punched out in the center of the clip, and it's not as sturdy. These are no longer used by Crossbreed. I ordered replcements when I called in my order for the SuperTuck and when I explained why I needed them, they gave them to me for free. The SuperTuck clips (and replacements) have a stamped/embossed Cross and are very sturdy. The Kholster clips are unremarkable, and completely servicable. All three of the metal clips tear up the finish on my belts.

The above is all based on my experience; I wear the Kahr 60%, the Sig 30%, and the 24/7 10%.

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    I own 2 Kholsters and the the M-tac and crossbreed defiantly look better in pictures since I haven't held one, but I have $65 is both of my Kholsters.

I wear an under t-shirt or tank/wifebeater 99% of the time so comfort is not an issue, don't notice the screw lugs or rivets. People don't need to see it if I'm wearing it so I could care less what it looks like. I commonly carry with one to work and sit at my desk for 8+ hours, have moved furniture, driven several hours, etc without discomfort. The concept of the holster is great and I wouldn't want to CC with anything else. I can't say anything good or bad about the others with the exception of the price difference.

Purchasing this type of holster is a good decision, I think it just comes down to looks and how much money you feel like spending, I don't think the operation will be much different between them due to their ability of adjustments.

Speed Kills

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    I've worn my Crossbreed around the house for a few weekends to get it broken in while waiting on my LTCH.

The hardware in no way, shape, or form bothers me.

Just thought I'd add a +1 to that side. Definitely not the end of the world, and I'm very impressed with the holster over the multitude of others I had the chance to try before buying it.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Just ordered the Kholster a minute ago. we'll see how it is when I get it. Its a money back guarantee type of thing. I will give my thoughts on it in a couple weeks after I wear it around the house for a few days.

Last edited:

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I've been having the same debate myself. I want a new, IWB holster for my CZ-75, and have been looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck and the Kholster. Right now, however, I've been looking at the Crossbreed QwikClip. It's a single clip holster designed for either cross draw or appendix carry. There aren't that many reviews out, but some that I have read people have mentioned carrying full sized 1911's at the appendix position with this holster. That, and the ease of taking the holster on and off (can't carry inside my work), makes this top on my list. I'm going to do some more research, but if I get it I'll come back and post my thoughts.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've been having the same debate myself. I want a new, IWB holster for my CZ-75, and have been looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck and the Kholster. Right now, however, I've been looking at the Crossbreed QwikClip. It's a single clip holster designed for either cross draw or appendix carry. There aren't that many reviews out, but some that I have read people have mentioned carrying full sized 1911's at the appendix position with this holster. That, and the ease of taking the holster on and off (can't carry inside my work), makes this top on my list. I'm going to do some more research, but if I get it I'll come back and post my thoughts.

My stepson has one for his Sig 239 and he likes it. I played with it for a little bit and it seemed like it might move compared to a SuperTuck, but I was wearing it at 4 O'clock.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I carry a Taurus 709 in a crossbreed supertuck and love it. The service was fantastic and after a week or so of break in I dont even notice that I am wearing it. THe only thing I have changed is adding some grip tape to the back of the clips to help shirt retention as I had a some problems with the shirt coming untucked on the slick metal clips.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G19 and really like it. It's really comfortable and conceals very well. My only potential regret was not getting the combat cut. I say potential regret because I'm not sure the combat cut would solve my problem of being able to get my thumb around the grip when pulling the gun out of the holster. Everything I've read about the Kholster and MTac everyone seems very pleased with them as well.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Got my Kholster in the mail. The only problem is that my brother has the only key to the mail box and he is on the Job hunt right now, I'll post up when I get it here in a bit with my initial impression.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Well ok, first impression, It is nice. Still experimenting on the best position for it to be in. I think i have found a decent position so far but we'll see how it feels after a couple hours.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom