• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I've seen these on Ebay for $36 several times, but never purchased one. Found one for sale at my LGS for my gov model 1911 and took a chance. Now, I can't compare them to the real deal, but I gotta say, they ain't bad, especially for the money. Anyone else tried these?

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I havnt tried them but i also wouldnt want to. The real ones are AWESOME. best money i have spent on a gun part to date. makes wearing my carry gun down right comfortable.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I haven't tried that specific holster.

Several companies are making hybrids now though, just google it. In my experience, the quality of a Crossbreed or Comp-Tac minotaur is worth the price premium. You get what you pay for.

I personally carry in a crossbreed, but I intend to buy a Minotaur MTAC and a Raven holster next year for evaluation.

You can also look here for cheaper crossbreed holsters:
    http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/

Lobb40118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Earth
    I was thinking about getting a real one for my .45. Do you think the knock offs are better since they are cheaper? or should I just pay the full price for a real one?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Crossbreed is an honest company started my an honest man (RIP). I'm more than willing to pay a premium for their products.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't buy a knock off per-se but their holsters aren't exactly innovative by any means. It's a kydex sheath slapped on patch of leather..that's not to say they don't do a really good job at it, but at the end of the day the design element of the whole thing isn't exactly much to write home about.

Personally I'll pick the MTAC hands down every time. Retention is adjustable with an alan wrench instead of a hair dryer, there are more cant and depth positions available and spare bodies can be cheaply obtained and quickly switched out. Also with the crossbreed they use those annoying spur retainers that are kind of a pain in the butt to move to another position and get flush into the leather. The only downside I can see is that they don't offer a lifetime warranty, just a year, but properly cared for I don't see it wearing out anytime soon.

Crossbreed is a great product from a great company and might be the better option for some.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'm sure Crossbreed, the real deal, is superior and I have one ordered. I just didn't want to drop $150 on a holster I wasn't sure I'd like. Now, for $36, I'm sure I like that type of carry option. But, quite honestly, I'm not sure how the genuine article could be much different...we'll see.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    If price is an issue just visit Crossbreed's seconds website. I just ordered one and I honestly don't understand why it's a second. I ended up getting the QwikClip for my xDm and it cost me $48 shipped and arrived in less than 1 week. I don't think I will try anything else.
    I can't imagine the SuperTuck being more comfortable than the QwikClip for a Compact pistol.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have to agree with Crossbreed. It is an excellent holster. I originally got one for my p238 and tossed it in the closet and never used it for a while, because I was lazy and didn't want to spend the time to break it in. So everytime removed my firearm to put in the safe, the whole holster would come off my pants. When I finally got around to wearing it, I spent a few days while watching tv breaking it in and now is my favorite holster and has a nice draw to it and super comfortable. Just ordered another one for my other carry, g26.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    DTrap here makes a Hybrid Crossbreed type holster. They're better made in my opinion. I've handled both amd I'd take his hands down. If I remember correctly, he charged $60. I'd buy again in a heartbeat.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    +1 on the oldfaithful holster.
    I think they still have a 25% off promo on their site.
    I purchased a stage 3 kit for my XDM.
    all i had to do was install the screw retainers and screws all for under $40 and 10 minutes of assembly for a fully adjustable holster.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    2nd the Crossbreed Seconds site. I got a Snap Slide from the seconds site in "good" condition, $32 shipped. It is every bit as nice as my Supertuck I ordered new. It looks brand new!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Another good hybrid is the Galco King Tuk.
    The Crossbreed and the Comp-Tac gear is top notch as well.

I've worn my King Tuk while driving straight through for 17 hours do FL and it was not an issue from a comfort standpoint.

Top Bottom