• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The reason why your belt "slides down" is because your belt is a crappy gun belt. If you buy an actual gun belt, you will notice a HUGE difference in carrying a gun. The belts can be expensive, but it's worth the money. I am a big fan of the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt.

This is correct. Check out a good belt. I just picked up a Daltechforce Super Biobelt and it is amazing what a difference a good belt can make. Esrice did a nice write up on several belts including this one. Read his reviews and then look for a belt that fits the budget.

What position are you wearing the holster at? That can make a huge difference on the gun/holster being comfortable.

I'm surprised at the issue with retention. Most of the Kydex hybrids fit very well.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I just got mine after an equally long wait. It does suck, but it was nice that when it got ere I didn't owe anyone anything. Oh, and it was definitely worth the wait. So comfortable!

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    If you are concerned with people seeing a scuffed holster, wear a longer shirt or switch to OC with a nice carbon fiber Serpa or fancy leather OWB. :D

I'm not concerned with other people seeing a scuffed holster...I'm concerned with ME seeing a scuffed holster. lol.

The reason why your belt "slides down" is because your belt is a crappy gun belt. If you buy an actual gun belt, you will notice a HUGE difference in carrying a gun.

I'm currently wearing a Don Hume as referenced here. The belt works amazingly well with all of my OWB holsters. I have no other complaints about it nor do I feel I can really blame the belt as much as the belly. I'm not even sure it's "broken in" yet so I can't even say that it needs to be replaced.

What position are you wearing the holster at? That can make a huge difference on the gun/holster being comfortable.
    The holster rides 3:30-5:30 with the butt of the gun resting right around 5:00 and the thumb web placement on the grip right around 4:30.

I'm surprised at the issue with retention. Most of the Kydex hybrids fit very well.

I was too. I can't find any other complaints of this issue either. I don't know if I'm exaggerating the issue or if I have a one-off. I really don't feel like the gun should release without heavy disturbance (ie tumbling, scuffle, wrestle, fight) OR intentional unholstering. Are my expectations unrealistic?

Thanks for your responses, guys!

-Dobber

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was too. I can't find any other complaints of this issue either. I don't know if I'm exaggerating the issue or if I have a one-off. I really don't feel like the gun should release without heavy disturbance (ie tumbling, scuffle, wrestle, fight) OR intentional unholstering. Are my expectations unrealistic?

-Dobber

Since you missed my comment about looking at the documentation that came with your holster, I found the sheet that came with mine. Retention is adjustable... :)

retention.png

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Since you missed my comment about looking at the documentation that came with your holster, I found the sheet that came with mine. Retention is adjustable... :)

I promise I didn't miss it. As I mentioned in my original post I put the thing on right when I got it out of the mailbox. Consequently the envelope and documents are still in my truck. The alarm is set for the night and there's no sense waking the wife. Thanks for posting it!

-Dobber

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I promise I didn't miss it. As I mentioned in my original post I put the thing on right when I got it out of the mailbox. Consequently the envelope and documents are still in my truck. The alarm is set for the night and there's no sense waking the wife. Thanks for posting it!

-Dobber

Then quitcher*****en and break out the cold towels and the wifey's hair dryer. It aint gonna tighten itself! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

-Dobber

My Galco KingTuk is snug, and the Crossbreed I used when I was down in FL recently was as well. I don't own a CB, but the one I used on that recent trip had no retention issues.

I'd give them a call if you don't want to deal with trying to correct the retention yourself. I'm sure CB will make it right.

Top Bottom