• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    I would look for something with a lifetime warranty. It seems like the faster it shoots, the more broken limb problems you will have. After that it's whatever your budget will allow. I've got a Parker Tornado F4 & like it a lot.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    I have had a few Horton compounds in the past. I now use an SA Sports recurve and really like having the ability to maintain it without using a press. I will probably move up to an Excalibur when this one wears out.

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Follow up question: I am looking under $500, what features do I need to be on the look out for, other brands recommended? I notice the Wicked has a couple options, is the extra money worth it?

Best place to buy online or local, I'm in Indy.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    I took up deer hunting for the first time last year. Since I know how to shoot long guns but not bows, I went with a crossbow. Plus the archery season is a hell of a lot long than firearms season. For my first crossbow, I went with a Parker Enforcer and am very happy with it.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Follow up question: I am looking under $500, what features do I need to be on the look out for, other brands recommended? I notice the Wicked has a couple options, is the extra money worth it?

Best place to buy online or local, I'm in Indy.

Contact Wyvern Creations for the best deal on a Wicked Ridge .

http://www.wyverncreations.com

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=100&products_id=384

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=100&products_id=385

TenPoint has MAP pricing so all dealers sell at the same price. Dave throws in extras ( 3 more arrow and BowJax)which is OK by Ten Point. They just can't cut the bow price.

and he does free shipping.

Last edited:

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Contact Wyvern Creations for the best deal on a Wicked Ridge .

Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

Wicked Ridge Warrior HL 3X Scope Package [WR1215.6330] - $399.95 : Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

Wicked Ridge Invader HP 3X Scope Package [WR1205.6336] - $489.95 : Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

TenPoint has MAP pricing so all dealers sell at the same price. Dave throws in extras ( 3 more arrow and BowJax)which is OK by Ten Point. They just can't cut the bow price.

and he does free shipping.

This is really helpful, thanks!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Someone is selling a Wicked Ridge Warrior w/ extras in the classified sections. FYI, I do not know the person, I just saw the ad last night. Maybe you can work out a deal that is beneficial to both of you.

Sounds like a pretty good deal there if one wants a case. I never cared for a case. Way too bulky..

You do get 7 upgraded carbon arrows/bolts instead of the aluminums that come with the new bow package and three broadheads.

This has a rope cocker instead of the built in (AcuDraw 52) with the new package. That is about an $80 difference.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5033-wicked-ridge-warrior-crossbow-acces.html

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Can't go wrong with wyvern! I hear his customer service is excellent as well. On other forums, users have recommended just calling him and he'll steer ya proper!

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I like my ten point. If you do buy used or online, have someone experienced show you cocking and loading etc.. There have been some ugly injuries on top of blowing up crossbows.

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I like my ten point. If you do buy used or online, have someone experienced show you cocking and loading etc.. There have been some ugly injuries on top of blowing up crossbows.

Yeah I am new to crossbows, used compounds in the past and have a PSE that I don't really use cause I don't practice, but I will certainly ask for help, thanks for the video tips too.

Top Bottom