• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    It's a somewhat common scheme for a team of people to walk around a neighborhood with fliers, knocking on doors. If someone answers, they use the fliers as a cover and talk to the homeowner about whatever the fliers are about. If no one answers, they now have a house to target.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    If it was me, I would have sped past them in my truck and did a 360 stopping in front of them. Jump out with my AR and put the green lazer dot right in their face to let them know I was watching them. Then I would have screamed at them for not just throwing the paper in the driveway. Might have even fired a warning shot to prove I was serious.
    But then again your calm thinking worked well just not as exciting.

Lmfao! I'm sure the local news would be all over that one! Lunatic with ASSAULT rifle attacks neiborhood newspaper man!!! It'd be the last damn time he left a newspaper on your walk in the rain though...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Lol....our hood out in country had several car breaking. Opportunity thefts of unlocked cars. Kid walked out one morning for work and caught them. They assaulted him before they fled. Never hurts to be careful.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I am a little disapointed after reading this thread. I thought it may have been an old lady that worked for a real estate company.

the fact you didn't have someone manned with a rifle upon your exit worries me

I was cautiously reading waiting for the punch line...but couldn't figure out how could connect to "that" story. Oh wait, he wasn't trying LOL

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It's a somewhat common scheme for a team of people to walk around a neighborhood with fliers, knocking on doors. If someone answers, they use the fliers as a cover and talk to the homeowner about whatever the fliers are about. If no one answers, they now have a house to target.
    not sure they are using fliers but they are hitting our neighborhood in broad daylight now. dogs and alarm company signs in the front yard seem to be a great deterrent.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    not sure they are using fliers but they are hitting our neighborhood in broad daylight now. dogs and alarm company signs in the front yard seem to be a great deterrent.
    Yea, the flier is just an excuse for when they knock on the door and someone answers.

My dogs bark at anything outside, and knocking on the door makes it even worse. :):

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yea, the flier is just an excuse for when they knock on the door and someone answers.

My dogs bark at anything outside, and knocking on the door makes it even worse. :):
    I have dogs and an alarm company sign... no one came to my house. Neighbor said she saw them going door to door but didn't call the police when she saw them coming out of one with owners at work and stuff in their hands. She was late getting to the school for a meeting :rolleyes:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have dogs and an alarm company sign... no one came to my house. Neighbor said she saw them going door to door but didn't call the police when she saw them coming out of one with owners at work and stuff in their hands. She was late getting to the school for a meeting :rolleyes:
    Those are the kind of neighbors I want. Just nosy enough not to do anything.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Jinkies!
    I think I saw that same creepy truck.
    And I'm sure that the dog in the passenger side said "Hey Mackey."
    ZOIKS!!

4.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

They (thugs) were hitting our area last summer. Watchful neighbors and direct intervention with the assistance of LEO curbed our problem. Everyone is SA around here these days. A strange or prowling vehicle draws a lot of attention.

If my neighbors see a vehicle or activity out of the ordinary they call. If no answer at home my cell rings. I get descriptions and plate numbers. Love my watch dogs.
    If they here something go bump in the night, my phone rings, then they call LEO.
    This is how people pull together.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I have always been vigilant about strange things going on in the area, but after a break in at our house while we were at work I had some work done. We replaced all of the windows and doors with really strong ones. My problem now is that I can't hear what happens outside! The windows dampen the sounds so much that I can't even hear a car pull into our driveway. Thinking about one of those alarms at the end of the driveway to alert that someone is pulling in.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They (thugs) were hitting our area last summer. Watchful neighbors and direct intervention with the assistance of LEO curbed our problem. Everyone is SA around here these days. A strange or prowling vehicle draws a lot of attention.

If my neighbors see a vehicle or activity out of the ordinary they call. If no answer at home my cell rings. I get descriptions and plate numbers. Love my watch dogs.
    If they here something go bump in the night, my phone rings, then they call LEO.
    This is how people pull together.
    I don't have #'s for all my neighbors but being a stay home mom I pretty much have everyones schedule down pat. If a white person lives in that home and I see someone of a different race coming out while the homeowner is supposed to be at work, well that means I need to call 911 after verifying their car is not around. :dunno:

I wish all my neighbors were that way, but hey she gave a description, black male with a black hoodie... great, know how many people fit that description. Call the law, don't drive away because you are late :xmad:

Top Bottom