• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I wish the value of the 30/30 JM pre-safeties would go up.

The 30-30s just haven't seen the wild increases that the 94s have.
    In LGS in my area you can still buy mint condition JM stamped 336Ws for $300 or less, non safety 336Cs for a bit more.

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    The 30-30s just haven't seen the wild increases that the 94s have.
    In LGS in my area you can still buy mint condition JM stamped 336Ws for $300 or less, non safety 336Cs for a bit more.
    Yeah, that's why I'm wishin'. I'd like to sell one, but it's worth more, to me, than $300. Now $4-500..? Lol

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The old microgroove barreled marlins are very accurate. They shoot those plated bulk stuff well. They were priced right for beginner shooters and were mass marketed in all the hunting mags/gun rags.

Those prices should increase a bit but remember there is a model 60 in about every closet in farm houses in the USA. Same for the 336 30-30 in the areas that they have been legal deer firearms there is one in every pickup truck come November.

Those are the two reasons that the bolt/auto marlin 22's and the lever 336 30-30 have not seen major cost increases is there are so mAny of them. They were sold for 40-100 years in every hardware store,sears and kmart in the USA. Only the Remington 870 has outsold them in mass over the years. I love my 870 but that is one gun that will never have a giant increase in value. Just so good that everybody has one.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Never owned a 336 or 60, and never wanted to :)

Walnut stocked bolt rimfires have seen a jump since discontinued, and the Remlin disgust has further increased their perceived value.
    You don't see a walnut 883 in good shape sitting on the LGS shelf like you used to (haven't for yrs).

When they pop up and go bye bye rather quickly.

Probably due more to their cost relative to a 7722 ;)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    How difficult is it to see the JM? I have something stamped on the left side of the barrel of my 1894 cowboy 44mag Marlin, right next to the receiver. It might be a JM, but I can't tell. I bought it in time for the second year it was legal for deer in IN. I don't remember what year that was. Not sure if I have a Remlin or good old fashioned Marlin. I guess it doesn't really matter, it works really well for me. I have dropped 2 deer at a time on several occasions. As far as the Rossi...there does not appear to be much desire for them. I have an 1892 44mag for sell in the classifieds with almost no interest for almost 3 months.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The barrel stamps are often light or you might see a M with half a circle or a j with half a circle. If you bought it new when the PCR were made legal you have a marlin not a remlin.

The sell out happened after the first season of PCR deer here.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom