• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I worked out plans to drive 2 1/2 hours north to pick up a gun from a guy here on INGO. Knowing that the warnings for weather were severe... I decided to go anyways! I met the guy at Cabela's and picked up a great Ruger LC9, but while at Cabela's, I found 3 35 round mags for my M&P15-22! I had to get those. I started heading back to Indy and around the Lafayette area, freezing rain and hunger set in. Chick Fil A was calling my name. I missed my turn and and drove right into the parking lot of Gander Mountain, coincidence.. I think not! I had to go in. I found a surprisingly good price on a Ruger LCP that was calling my name. While doing the paperwork, I see a box of 350 rd 9mm sitting there. I asked the salesman if it was for sale and he said they had 1 left and it was only $99. Guess what... That was calling my name too!
    Needless to say, I got home relatively late and my wife asked me how my day was. I said, Either I am absolutely nuts or amazingly insane. I won't tell you my wife's answer! She just asked me why do you need another 9 and 380. I told her they were lonely. Thanks for letting me share some fun!

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    all that...and you never called me back like you were supposed to.

I was going to ask you if they had any 22lr but thats ok. Now we just need to get out and play with the new toys.

Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    all that...and you never called me back like you were supposed to.

I was going to ask you if they had any 22lr but thats ok. Now we just need to get out and play with the new toys.

Nobody in America seems to have 22LR. I look everywhere I go. I have quite a stash if you need some.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I worked out plans to drive 2 1/2 hours north to pick up a gun from a guy here on INGO. Knowing that the warnings for weather were severe... I decided to go anyways! I met the guy at Cabela's and picked up a great Ruger LC9, but while at Cabela's, I found 3 35 round mags for my M&P15-22! I had to get those. I started heading back to Indy and around the Lafayette area, freezing rain and hunger set in. Chick Fil A was calling my name. I missed my turn and and drove right into the parking lot of Gander Mountain, coincidence.. I think not! I had to go in. I found a surprisingly good price on a Ruger LCP that was calling my name. While doing the paperwork, I see a box of 350 rd 9mm sitting there. I asked the salesman if it was for sale and he said they had 1 left and it was only $99. Guess what... That was calling my name too!
    Needless to say, I got home relatively late and my wife asked me how my day was. I said, Either I am absolutely nuts or amazingly insane. I won't tell you my wife's answer! She just asked me why do you need another 9 and 380. I told her they were lonely. Thanks for letting me share some fun!
    Weather and roads were a bit bad weren't they? My son had taken a couple of days vacation so we could go to the North CMP store in Port Clinton, Ohio. WE DID! Right at 250 mile there, rained and froze on the van all the way there. However when we came back to Frankfort, the roads were almost perfectly clear. Not the best day for a 500+ mile trip. The Garand's we bought were worth it though!

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    What an understanding wife you have. I assume you told her your whole story and you are still able to tell us about it. What an amazing woman. You are lucky not just for the new toys.

Top Bottom